Does caffeine make the baby move more?

aliss

Reaction score
Ok, this sounds bad :coffee:

I work some overnight shifts (although I've recently cut them back to 2am at the latest), and I drank 2 coffees after 7pm (between 7pm-midnight).

I'm just approaching 17 weeks so there isn't a lot of movement (it is quite rare), but those 2 nights, it was really obvious after the 2nd coffee. I got a swift boot in the belly one time!

I know you are allowed to have a certain amount of caffeine, but jeeeez - am I imagining things? The other girls I work with (who all have at least 2-3 kids each) said this was normal during night shifts drinking coffee!

Yer if i drink too much caffeine, especially before bed, bubs goes crazy! Lol. x

Yeah, I do think that caffeine makes the baby move more. Before my 16 & 20 week sonograms I was told to drink some caffeine or eat some chocolate/sweets before the appt so baby would move around. The 16 week sono I just ate a few pieces of chocolate so he didn't move much. At my 20 week sono I drank half a soda and he was moving around quite a bit more! :)

i was told too much caffeine causes still birth or misscarrage

Sorry i think you mean CAN cause. There is no medical proof behind it either. Its just advised you don't have more than 200mg a day.

Sorry i think you mean CAN cause. There is no medical proof behind it either. Its just advised you don't have more than 200mg a day.

amen to that :) If we listen to everything that causes stillbirth or miscarriage, babies wouldn't be born ever. Everything is good in moderation.

To answer the question, OMG.. there is a huge difference between having coffee and not having one. Bubs kicks all day if I drink one cup of coffee.. (not coke or chocolate, but definitely coffee with milk and sugar).

ahhhh i know a girl who drank loads of it and she had a 4 to 5lb babies if stays off it has 7lbers lol

amen to that :) If we listen to everything that causes stillbirth or miscarriage, babies wouldn't be born ever. Everything is good in moderation.

To answer the question, OMG.. there is a huge difference between having coffee and not having one. Bubs kicks all day if I drink one cup of coffee.. (not coke or chocolate, but definitely coffee with milk and sugar).

Tell me about it, i think as long as you know your limits and its within reason most things are ok, allot of issues relating to pregnancy do's and don'ts are over exaggerated and only scare Mum's to be!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->