Does clomid make you ovulate (if you don't on your own)

punkymom

Reaction score
for those who don't ovulate on there own did clomid work?
I tried 50 and it didn't work and now I am going on 100.

Please give me some hope! :hugs:

I did not want to read and run as I know how it feels to post and get no response! I have no clue re: clomid. I did not O on my own regularly since coming off the pill in April. This month I am on clomid cd5-9. CD10 CD11 CD12 I got positive OPK (smiley and cheapo versions).
I had a post coital test yesterday and all the sperm were dead. So I am just as confused as before and going stir crazy!
I asked my doctor about false positive OPK on clomid and she was like "no you aren't getting false positive" Hopefully I O soon and hopefully at least one live sperm makes it there!

I did not want to read and run as I know how it feels to post and get no response! I have no clue re: clomid. I did not O on my own regularly since coming off the pill in April. This month I am on clomid cd5-9. CD10 CD11 CD12 I got positive OPK (smiley and cheapo versions).
I had a post coital test yesterday and all the sperm were dead. So I am just as confused as before and going stir crazy!
I asked my doctor about false positive OPK on clomid and she was like "no you aren't getting false positive" Hopefully I O soon and hopefully at least one live sperm makes it there!

I'm sorry to hear that!
I have never heart of post coital test :shrug:

I have read that if you test too early you can get a false positive with clomid. I am not sure if this helps but here:
https://archive.tcoyf.com/forums/t/33466.aspx

I woman was saying she thought she O'd around cd10 and then got her real positive on cd14.

I hope you get yours really soon too! :hugs:
Good luck Love!
:dust:

GL to you too! I cant find a lot of information on the post coital test online, it seems a lot of doctors do not use them anymore. I thought I was getting false positives too but even the booklet that comes with the clear blue says clomid does not affect it. Im going to keep testing till I go in for the blood work anyways, just in case.

Hi yes. I conceived my first aftr trying for 5 yrs with clomid. Ovulation levels were low. Thy hd me on 50 for 6 months & nothing happened then put me on 100 for another 6 months it wasn't until 11th month that i conceived! Last month on it but that month i also used opks & preseed as discovered clomid dries up cm. anyway good luck & always wandered if needed clomid first time would i need wen i tried again in future. But 6 yrs later conceived on first cycle with no clomid just preseed & opks. X

I take 50mg of Clomid. I already ovulate on my own but I ovulate anywhere from CD16-25. Clomid makes me ovulate on CD14 always. My friend didn't ovulate at all and she was put on 100mg of Clomid. She conceived her 3rd cycle. So yes, Clomid does make you ovulate.

I take 50mg of Clomid. I already ovulate on my own but I ovulate anywhere from CD16-25. Clomid makes me ovulate on CD14 always. My friend didn't ovulate at all and she was put on 100mg of Clomid. She conceived her 3rd cycle. So yes, Clomid does make you ovulate.

Thank you so much!:hugs:
That really gives me hope! :flower:

Clomid has not helped me at all :(
Last dose taken early Feb, still waiting for AF :\

Sorry to hear that! :hugs:

Anyone have any more positive Clomid stories?
:hugs:

Ahem, on a positive note> I am ovulating with 50 mg clomid quite nicely and ovulation on days 14-17, which make my cycles more regular as well. However, I am on my 5th round now and so far no bfp. Today, I have a positive opk, so who knows? Maybe we get lucky!

At least with clomid, I feel like I am at least in with a chance.

Hope you get your ovulation with 100. And if not, then there are other treatment options which might help you. Don't despair dear! :hugs:

Ahem, on a positive note> I am ovulating with 50 mg clomid quite nicely and ovulation on days 14-17, which make my cycles more regular as well. However, I am on my 5th round now and so far no bfp. Today, I have a positive opk, so who knows? Maybe we get lucky!

At least with clomid, I feel like I am at least in with a chance.

Hope you get your ovulation with 100. And if not, then there are other treatment options which might help you. Don't despair dear! :hugs:

Oh thank you so much!
Did you ovulate before clomid?

I totally understand the feeling of "not having a chance"!
Thank you for the support and kind words! :hugs:

This will be my first round of cloimd 50 mg and ill be starting day 5 until day 9. Unfortunately I do O on my own but I have been trying to conceive for 4 years now with no luck so my OB/GYN feels that this would help boost my chances a little although twins may be likely. I have also had an HSG which hurted like h*** so I will keep you posted on how this goes for me. I will try 2 cycles at this does and if it does not work they will raise it accordingly but if it does not work this time around I do not know if I will keep trying. Good luck to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->