Does Evening Primrose Oil work?

mrphyemma

2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just started taking 2x1000mg capsules of evening primrose oil in a bid to increase my cm. I had no ewcm last cycle and I'm thinking this may be where our problem ttc lies. I did take cough medicine up until ovulation last cycle and although I got quite a lot of wet cm I didn't get any egg whites :growlmad: and the blooming stuff was disgusting, sooooooo......here I am giving the old EPO a whirl.
What I would like to know is if it has worked for anyone and if so, how quickly does it start to work on the old cm?

Thanks, Em x

Hey lovely - EPO worked for me - last cycle I had lovely egg whites, but i paired it with the Robitussin - while I didn't conceive, everything looked right, and it helped keep me going for the rest of the month - no need for lubricants, which hasn't been the case in the past - I am all for the natural.

It helps if you drink lots of water as well

i have been taking epo, this is my 3rd cycle. noticed a marked improvement last month, water also helps too! good luck xxx

i started taking EPO this cycle, so 10 days ago and have already noticed a marked increase in my cm, with lots of EWCM yesterday and today!
I always thought I had enough cm but it couldn't hurt to have more right :rofl: and actually, this stuff is more EWCM than what I have had before which on reflection may have been sticky or watery!

Oooooh it sounds promising. Here's to loads of EWCM!!!!!!!!!!!

Can EPO mess your cycles up? what is the best amount to take?

I am taking it this cycle too, along with vitex and red raspberry leaf tea... so we'll see!

Good luck! :dust:

EPO worked for me. This is cyce #2, and last cycle I had the most EWCM I have ever seen my body produce!

The recommended amount is between 1500-3000 mg (I think it's mg). I take 2,000 and also started Fertle CM to help too. I am pretty dry down there, and like someone else said, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have more EWCM!

Ryder - I'm taking Vitex and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea too! Keep me posted. I started that last cycle as well. I noticed my PMS or for those not in the US - PMT - was A LOT better this time around. They say it may take a while, but I noticed a difference.

ohh we should make a group for natural supplement takers, I am interested in seeing how it works for people.... My cycles were normal... and this one has gone wonky again, I like the RRL tea just because it will help with my uterus and I did have a baby so I think that might have alot of do with my probs ttc... I guess you really do need good uteral health.

Did you start taking the vitex during your period?

I take Vitex from CD1 through O. Then stop...I think it could cause contractions??? Oh, I can't remember what does what half the time!

Yes, we should start a thread! I'll fire one up for Natural Supplement/Vitamin Takers!

Hi Mrphyemma, I've just joined. I've asked my gp if evening primrose oil has any effect on fertility and she said no evidence to show that.

but now i've just seen the other replies. think i'll try that too. sometimes the medical profession are wary, they don't like to advocate anything that's not absolutly proven.

I also find that they want to "fix" things with "real" drugs instead of trying natural things first. That's what I've found anyway. I'm all for drugs when they are needed, but I think some doc's get pill happy. Example - my DH has high cholesterol. Instead of saying, give it another few months, work out, take Cinnamon pills, fish oil, and whatever else that could lower cholesterol, she wanted him to get on a Rx straight away. He had to convince her to give him another few months of changing his diet, exercising more, etc. She didn't even recommend anything other than a Rx

im going to sound really really thick now but do you ovulate even if theres no ewcm then? i thought ewcm meant u were ovulating. i was on bcp and have pcos and i think ive only seen ewcm twice, once when we got pg and once ages before that which is why i thought i wasnt ov.

Sorry to sound blonde :(

BabyBubbles - are you monitoring your CM - perhaps you don't notice it because - its up there!!!!! I have to physically go in search of mine, but its there when it should be. I know it can be a little icky, but it really is the best way. P.S., really about your loss sweetie :bfp: prescribed for you

Banana1011 got it right - doctors are a little too pill happy, plus she doesn't get commission for advocating herbs and vitamins does she?

ohh we should make a group for natural supplement takers, I am interested in seeing how it works for people.... My cycles were normal... and this one has gone wonky again, I like the RRL tea just because it will help with my uterus and I did have a baby so I think that might have alot of do with my probs ttc... I guess you really do need good uteral health.

Did you start taking the vitex during your period?

Hi Ryder, I would love to joint he natural supplement group if you all have started it yet. I didn't see it though. Will keep looking out for it.
xxx
RR

I have just started taking EPO and think it may be working a little too well! I have been taking 6 Holland and Barratt ones per day so I think 3000?

Am only on CD7 and not due to O until CD15 and suffice it to say the amounts I have may hinder proceedings, not help! Ewwwww....

Going to cut back to 2000 per day I think...

Hi reallyready! :hi: the thread has been started as "Natural Vitamins/Supplement Takers" Come join us!

Caterpillar - you're exactly right. They don't get commission for herb/vits/teas and natural remedies. And we wonder why health costs are so high! Instead of a drug that probably cost $100+/month, my DH could try an herb that is only $16/month. It amazes me. Money & Greed cause you to do weird things I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->