Does having Symptoms Really mean the baby is healthy?

WannabemomV

Reaction score
I have always heard that having MS or sore boobs means that the baby is Healthy. Is there truth to this?
I am feeling like CRAP these days and keep telling myself- This means the baby is Healthy- but I feel like its just an old wives tale similar to its good luck to rain on your wedding day..

I think its just an old fashioned way of us women getting though the bad days, i mean who would want rain on there wedding day! haha! the only way you are going to get over that 1 is someone telling you that its good luck lol!

though this doesnt mean that theres not some truth in it, all these old wives tales will have been started on some kind of truth, rain on your wedding day is something you would always be able to look back on and giggle with your husband about so you would be more likely to stay together longer because you would still be enjoying yourself, so maybe it isnt good luck as such as a good omen.

now i realise i am just rambling onn and none of this probably makes any sense!

if it makes you feel any better i feel like utter crap too! serious nausea and all i wanna do is throw up but my body wont let me! i wish i could throw up and get it over with! im asleep most of the time, im probably asleep right now...zzzzzz... my boobs were so sore up until 2 weeks ago that OH was getting slaps in the night for cuddling me and accidently brushing my boobs! and iv also been 1 hell of a narky cow :)

im sure everything is fine with your lil bean, he is just making himself known! haha!
xx

I don't know if it means the baby is healthy, but it tells you something. I think it's a comforting thing because if your body is having symptoms, it means there is a baby for your body to react to. Does that make sense? lol.

Well when I had a mc earlier this year, when I first started spotting a little I asked the doctor if I needed to worry and her first question was, 'are you having lots of pregnancy symptoms because that's a good sign'. I guess it makes sense - if your hormones are dropping then your symptoms will too and vice versa.

charlie1510 your pic is my fave film from my childhood! i watched it a couple of weeks ago and like every other time i watch it i cried!

I think it's a comfort to people to know they're suffering for a reason so quite often they'll be told that having a lot of symptoms is a good thing. That's not to say having no symptoms is bad.

A lot of us have no m/s, barely any tiredness, no sore boobs and I think when people say that symptoms are a sign of a healthy pregnancy it's worrying. Every pregnancy is different. I think it's best not to get too hung up on symptoms.

I had bad sickness and sore boobs up to a few days after a D&C, a scan at 8 weeks revealed the baby had stopping growing at 6 weeks, so i had two weeks of symptoms and no healthy baby. so it really just depends on your body, i am having strong symptoms again this time, but it is no comfort to me.

however, i will add that if something is going wrong you are totally powerless to it, so i am enjoying this pregnancy for as long as i can, and hopefully i will get a healthy baby out of it.

in all of my pregnancies i can honestly say i just knew when things were right, right from the start.

good luck x

I have no symptoms whatsoever, but it is very early days so I'm trying not to worry about it too much. While I don't want to feel like rubbish, I wouldn't mind some mild symptoms just to reassure me that something actually is going on down there!

My mw said oh it's a sign of a strong baby :shrug: could just be something to make us feel better though :haha:

With the rain on the wedding day - it's supposed to symbolise fertility, washing away the past and changes for the future and rain falling instead of tears in the future for the bride.. Saying that, it rained on our day but it was like someone turned a switch on and off, whenever we needed to be outside it stopped - to the second - even with us getting in and out of the bridal cars.. So that certainly made for an entertaining day and something to laugh about :)

I'd never heard the rain on the wedding day thing! Oh No! I got married in October (2008) and we were fully expecting rain but it was beautiful sunshine all day. I hope I'm not doomed :(

Charlie

charlie1510 your pic is my fave film from my childhood! i watched it a couple of weeks ago and like every other time i watch it i cried!

Lol, yes I love it too, but everything makes me cry at the moment!

I'm slowly starting to resemble the pig as I abandon my diet.... but I always remind people it was the spider and not the pig that was called Charlotte!

I don't believe it's true personally. I had no m/s and no sore boobs either and have a very healthy 21 month old beautiful boy. I've had a teeny bit of m/s this time and a little pain on one breast, but I have quite high HCG levels, well I think they're high anyway.
My sister had no ms on first pregnancy and 4 months of it on 2nd one, both beautiful healthy girls. Every pregnancy is just different.

when i had spotting my doctor said to me 'the most important thing is that you feel pregnant' although there are women who have no symptoms & everything is fine, but for me the sickness, sore boobs, tiredness etc do remind me that my body is growing a baby and that is reassuring xx

when i had spotting my doctor said to me 'the most important thing is that you feel pregnant' although there are women who have no symptoms & everything is fine, but for me the sickness, sore boobs, tiredness etc do remind me that my body is growing a baby and that is reassuring xx

I agree, I feel like crap everyday and is a reassurance to me that baby is growing strong.. ( obviously there are exceptions, because I know many women that have had no major symptoms and still have healthy babies)

I definately don't believe in it :nope:
I had really bad MS & cramps throughout my preganancy & at 14 wks my baby was diagnosed with Down Syndrome & a severe heart condition. Unfortunately baby didn't survive & I said goodbye on 29th Jan at 14 weeks :cry:

It doesn't necissarily tell you that the baby is healthy cause many women don't get these symptoms or any at all and still have a happy healthy little baby. It is just one of the ways your body tells you that you are pregnant.

Personally I hope that you DON'T have to feel like cr@p to have a healthy baby as I've had virtually no symptoms so far :nope: So threads like this worry me and my lack of symptoms are one reason I have been pretty worried throughout First Tri so far.

Luckily my midwife was very reassuring and said that no symptoms are as common as feeling very ill, every woman and every pregnancy is different. Also, I am comforted by the fact that my own mum had hardly any symptoms with me or my brother and both of us were very healthy babies and been very healthy all our lives so far (touching wood!) :thumbup:

im not sure this is 100% true.
in my experience,i had no symptoms atall with first pregnancy,no ms,no spotting,no sore (.)(.),all i had was cravings at around 34-35 weeks,and i went on to have a healthy boy,2 days late weighing 6lb 12oz.
I have only had sore boobs and tiredness so far with this pregnancy,but still early days:thumbup:

I also hope that the opposite then, no symptoms means unhealthy baby as I have virtually no symptoms. :(

My friend is 20 weeks along and with both hers now she's had zero symptoms. It's just each woman - like the rain on the wedding day - luck of the draw I reckon! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->