Does he still need water?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Hiya, have a quick question about giving Brady cooled boiled water. I had been giving him about 2oz a day as he was constipated on SMA and he seemed to need it more and more to help him poo, but it was going longer and longer between dirty nappies so the doctor said it might be time to try a different brand. He's been on Cow and Gate for about a week now and it's made a big difference, he goes every day now and makes much less fuss about it.

I haven't given him any water for 2 days now and he's still been having dirty nappies, but do I still need to give him a little bit of water? Some people say that they shouldn't need it and others say formula fed babies need it, but I cant ring the HV til Monday to see what they say so just wondered if anyone else knows?

I probably sound a bit thick but I have no idea how to tell if he is dehydrated from his soft spot, I mean ... it's soft so seems to go in a bit but he has so much hair that I cant actually see if it's sunken or not!

we didn't give Hannah water until we started weaning

I dnno I am still giving Jayden cooled boiled water inbetween feeds (recomended by midwife as he wasnt having dirty nappies) and since then I haven't got rid of the water just carried on. Didnt want to stop if it was going to upset his tummy again. Would like to see what peoples answers are as I don't know if we are meant to stop or not?

we stopped, we didnt wanted our LO feeling more full up than she needed to.

Before weaning, I only gave it in hot weather or if she was a bit fussy for no other reason...

I only really offered it during the hot weather, didn't worry otherwise (this was before weaning / 6m). And when I did offer it, I only offered max of 2oz a day and it was offered in the middle of her wanting a feed (fed every 4hrs so offered 2hrs after feed and 2hrs before next).

Other signs for dehydration are dry mouth/lips and sunken eyes and being drowsy/dizzy. It's unlikely he's dehydrated if he's taking fluid and doesn't have diarrhea or vomitting x

Other signs for dehydration are dry mouth/lips and sunken eyes and being drowsy/dizzy. It's unlikely he's dehydrated if he's taking fluid and doesn't have diarrhea or vomitting x

Well he definately doesn't have this, he's been really dribbily the last few days!

Thanks ladies, I'll leave it then and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->