Does it ever become real?

NeyNey

Love My IVF Munchkin
Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks now, and I still am unable to relax and really admit to myself that I'm pregnant, I think the MC and the LTTTC has left scars that are so hard to get past. I still don't feel or admit to myself that I'm pregnant, as I'm scared of getting attached to this bean...Afraid it will leave me like before.

I mean I talk about the pregnancy, I rub my belly, I goo and gaa with the best of them, but it doesn't feel "real"...I'm not sure if that even makes sense. I can't see myself with this massive big belly bump, I can't picture myself holding a little one?

Is this normal? :shrug::wacko:

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

All I can say is what you're feeling is completely normal, so please don't worry. Even now at 33 weeks I still have times when I can't believe that I've got this far & am so close to having my baby safely in my arms. I've got through this pregnancy by focussing on one week, one scan, one appointment at a time (lots of little milestones) & it seems to have worked so far - infact time has flown by, hopefully it will be the same for you.

Make sure you talk to DP/DH as he will be feeling the same as you but as with most men, will hide his emotions to be strong for you. My DH has been a great support but I often forget that is finding this journey difficult too.

Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy :hugs:

xxx

Im the same. I just cant relax. I was actually thinking toi myself the other day that she is due in 8 weeks and im not really prepared as i dont actually thinik she is coming. I have hardly brought anything and what i have brought i have had to force myself to buy. Its horrible and really sad. I look at these girls that ae bouncing around and i want to be one. Your not alone hun

Thanks girls. Sometimes my family looks at me weird, my mother is so excited for us (my sister is pregnant too, due in 7 weeks) but because I don't share all the enthusiasm she thinks I'm depressed, I try to tell her I'm not depressed - I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, everyday I wake up and I'm still pregnant I kind of feel surprised. I have my NT scan at 12 weeks, everytime I think of the scan, I don't think how cute baby will look - I think "Lets pray baby is still growing"....I picture the Sonographer telling me bad news, even though I try my hardest not to....I try to keep a PMA - but sometimes it's just overwhelming...

As you know Neyney ...i havent experience a loss...but lttc was hard and my pregnancy too...i always had a hard to time to connect with my pregnancy and my bean too...i do have to said ..i did feel confortable with the pregnancy passing the 35 weeks stage only and i did connect with the baby when i did my 3 D scan...this is when i really let myself "love " him if i can be honest ....
i was afraid that once he will be born i will feel nothing:blush: or have no connection with him so i even require the meds staff to hand him to Daniel first when i deliver as to try to delay as long as possible the moment of true :blush:..but i did ...it was very powerful :happydance: i cried of joy as soon as Daniel handed him to me :hugs:

NeyNey, I think that is normal. I mean, even with my first, and I had no issues with my first, but I do remember it being quite unbelievable. When you start showing, and when the baby starts kicking....that is when it will be quite believable. I know that I am a bit "cut off" emotionally from this one, because of the m/c's... it messed me up. But, I think once we see and feel our babies (and we stop feeling so icky) it will all become much more real and exciting. I remember driving in the car when I was pregnant with my son, and I was singing to some music...and he started moving. That was when I really felt that it was real. It was amazing and I felt that connection. Brings me to tears thinking of that moment. You will have yours too. :hug:

I think it's normal. I'm just now starting to get a bit excited as I grow more of a bump. Still afraid to fully commit to excitement iykwim.
In 1st tri I basically had to turn my brain off and pretend I wasn't pregnant so I could get through it.

deffo normal im the same, my mum was really upset with me when i told her i wasnt getting 2 attached because didnt want to be heartbroken again.
and when my dad says things like, is he kicking yet? i get all anxious asif i have to be aware of the negativies because no one else is realised them, my bf constantly says, it will be fine LOL xx

It's definately normal hun. I was absolutely terrified at the beginning of this pregnancy and if i'm honest, I still am. I've experienced losses too and I know that it takes away a lot of the simple joys of pregnancy. I know it's a lot easier said than done to relax but as every appointment and scan passes, I find it gets a little bit easier. I've been a wreck before every appointment but i'm beginning to believe that this might be it for me and I wish you all the luck in the world with your pregnancy! We're all here to talk to about ANY worries you have xxx

I am over 15 weeks now and I keep telling DH that I still just feel like I ate too much and get sick a lot I don't feel pregnant, I am hoping that it becomes more real once I start feeling the baby move!!!

Aww darling :hugs: I know what you are saying, and I feel exactly the same. With my last pregnancy, I fell head over heals straight away, and then when we got that bad news it was like my heart was broken. It crushed me and I am only now just starting to begin to cope with it really. I am too scared to let myself feel the same way this time and if to protect myself, to make the fall not so big when what I can't help but consider 'the enevitable'.

I hope everyday that this will be our time and as our babies will grow heathier and stronger each day. Always keep that hope darling. :hugs:

Congrats hun! It is totally normal to feel like this. I am now almost 29weeks pregnant and it STILL doesnt feel real. I'm sure it will when buba gets here though :)

believe it or not, I'm still in denial, and due in a week! After 2 MC's I cant get my head around the fact that everything will be ok. I still have some negative thoughts which I try to shove out with positive ones, but until her's actually in my arms, I dont think I'll belive it! so your def not alone hun!

It's totally normal. Even though I'm mega excited, I still find it hard at times to imagine this pregnancy progressing as it should.

Totally normal. When you start to grow and you can feel baby move, then it feels real. I went through this with both my pregnancies after my miscarriage.

Thanks girls, well I'm getting closer to the 12 week mark, which I will feel a little more safe at. I can't wait for movement, I think that will bring it all home.

I still sit here everyday and think this isn't going to last....This is going to be taken from me anyday now.

*sighs* horrible way to think...I just want to be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->