Does it hurt having the IUD (coil) fitted? - UPDATE page 4!

Woohoo, you've made me about 1.5% less scared now :rofl:

Omg I feel like a fraud!!!! Lol I'm so glad it went so well! I had a section as well so will probs still smart a bit.

We all need to update when we have our coils out on how long it takes us to conceive!

louandivy don't be scared!! think of the benefits lol!!

yes happigail we should! x

I've been trying to decide what to use, really didn't like the pill and stopped taking it about 4 years before getting my BFP. The doctor gave me info about the coil but I more or less dismissed it as I was being a wuss! Might think about it now, thanks! :thumbup:

don't worry i'm going to have one too and i'm not looking forward to it!! i am comforted by lauryn's highly detailed account though :haha: x

Glad it went well!! I'm still in 2 minds about it though, i'm a weakling when it comes to pain!!

don't worry i'm going to have one too and i'm not looking forward to it!! i am comforted by lauryn's highly detailed account though :haha: x

hahaha i hope she pings you too!!!! x

Glad it went well!! I'm still in 2 minds about it though, i'm a weakling when it comes to pain!!

Awww hun I know what u mean... I was almost shaking when I walked in to the room :rofl: But it was absolutely fine, only as uncomfortable as a smear IMO! That could be down to the ibuprofen though :shrug: I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, it has so many benefits!! I'm just happy now that I'm completely covered and don't have to remember to take or do anything, there's no extra hormones in my body (because I have more than enough!!) and my fertility will go straight back to normal once it's removed!! x

hahaha nothing like the support of a good friend :rofl:

and i thought we were so close..... take your posterior cervix and get lost!

hahaha nothing like the support of a good friend :rofl:

and i thought we were so close..... take your posterior cervix and get lost!

hahahahahahahahaha actually pmsl :rofl: :rofl: what about my GSOH and long walks!?! x

sorry all other attributes are overshadowed by the size of your uterus :haha:

you shouldn't have been so honest in your ad, most people leave those kind of details until the second date :rofl: xx

LOL honesty is the best policy i say!!! share & share alike!! x

Honestly you'll be fine. I had the copper coil fitted at 19, I had never given birth or been pregnant. They let me have it because at the time it was recommended I didn't have anything with hormones (long story).

Just went to family planning clinic and they did it. I had taken no painkillers beforehand because I didn't think they'd actually do it that night. The doc was lovely and it didn't take long. It didnt hurt me any more than usual period pains do.

I took two paracetamol afterwards and then went straight to work to do a night shift (so it obviously wasnt that bad!) Had a bit of spotting afterwards but thats it.

Unfortunatley I had to have mine taken out after 6 months as I started bleeding constantly, it turned out my body was trying to reject the coil as it is a foreign object. If this hadnt happened I would have had it in right up until I decided to conceive!

Go for it, it doesn't hurt that much, there are loads of pro's to having one! x

thanks for coming back and updating us on how it went!!
i have mine next fri and im sooo nervous too, ive had a swab before and found that uncomfortable - its the clamp thing i cant stand!! aarrggghhhh...

well thanks again - think im a little more confident (i even came on esp to find your thread lmao, so glad you didnt back out last min!)
:)

thanks for coming back and updating us on how it went!!
i have mine next fri and im sooo nervous too, ive had a swab before and found that uncomfortable - its the clamp thing i cant stand!! aarrggghhhh...

well thanks again - think im a little more confident (i even came on esp to find your thread lmao, so glad you didnt back out last min!)
:)

Awww :hugs: to be honest, it was the speculum/clamp that was the only uncomfortable part of it for me! You'll be fine! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->