Does it really do any harm to BD everyday?

apple84

Reaction score
It's our first cycle trying and DH is really into the frequent BDing (like everyday). I read that you should actually BD every other day to give the :spermy: a chance to build up again. BUT we only have 3 more days before he's out of town for a week. Would it really be so bad just to take advantage of every chance we've got?

Some people think it does, but I think not really. In fact studies have shown it is better for men to have sex more often to keep their sperm count up. Now that doesn't mean you should be going at it multiple times a day - a guy does need some rest, but everyday or every other day I think is ideal.

I've heard conflicting information on this too. My Dr. suggested every other day, but I think she said it because it's more practical.

This is a bit of a joke in my household.....when we tried for number 2, I told my OH that to opt our chances, we needed to BD every other day...but nothing happened for 5 months. The next cycle, he told me that he had enough of 'my' method and that it was time to try 'his', ie, BD everyday around OV (I knew exactly when I was OV with temp, so we BD'd every day for 5 or 6 days if I recall properly). Sure enough, it is the month I got pregnant!!! Great.....except that he felt so proud of it he had no qualms telling his family at sunday dinner that it worked because we used 'his' method....good thing they are really laid-back people!!!!

ill be trying everyday around ov this time round

This is what has always worked for us. We BD everyday from the day after my period ends, lasting for 10 - 12 days (that should cover ovulation). I don't use opk's, temping, etc, so it's the easiest way to make sure. Plus, if we don't get pregnant in any given month, I can look back and say, "Well, there wasn't much else that we could do". Good luck!

we did it everyday like the whole month after af, i got preggie this month:happydance: and actually over my fertile days we did it morning and night just to make sure so you go girl :hug:

we bd everyday and it worked for us, i have heard it is fine unless your oh has low sperm count xx

Thank you all...just the answer I was hoping for! I will continue to seduce him on a daily basis until he leaves on Monday.

I'm not too sure, i heard you should leave it every other day to give the sperm chance to get strong and developed.
It lives for a few days so i think you would be covered if you ovulated early.
I know it is hard to stick to a schedule and it takes the fun out of sex which you defo need to keep!

Well me and hubby BD'd every day that I saw EWCM and that was for about 3/4 days. I got pregnant on my 1st cycle of trying.
Does no harm whatsoever, in fact it probably greatly improves your chances. That's just my opinion anyway.

Good luck!!

Andrea xx

We're BDing every day. This is our first cycle on Clomid, so we're hoping for a positive result some time soon! Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"