Does Maya Sound Like Mia??

I keep repeatedly calling her My-ah even though you've told me how it's said. Gah, bad habit

Blame Heroes for that

I keep repeatedly calling her My-ah even though you've told me how it's said. Gah, bad habit

Blame Heroes for that

Me too :rofl: Don't know what's wrong with me! Must be Heroes... :blush: x

A little, but if the person is listening they should get it right. i get the same when people ask me my name, I say Kari, and there have been a lot of different assumptions of what my name is. Cara, Karen, Carly, Mary... it gets somewhat annoying. Maya will likely get called Mia a lot in her life.

:rofl: I'm sorry Kelly but that is HILARIOUS. :rofl:

I know how you feel though!

What's her name?
Caitlyn
Caitlan?
No CAIT LYNN
Oh right, how do you spell that?
C A I T L Y N
Why?
Because I wanted to!!!!!!!!

:hissy:

What's her name?
Caitlyn
Caitlan?
No CAIT LYNN
C A I T L Y N
Why?

You think that's bad, my mother calls her Cakeylyn :grr:

What's her name?
Caitlyn
Caitlan?
No CAIT LYNN
C A I T L Y N
Why?

You think that's bad, my mother calls her Cakeylyn :grr:

Pmsl

soory but that comment had me reaching for the Tena lady lol

God you must have stacks of Tena!

Seriously though, it PISSES me off something rotten. I have to bite my lip because no matter how many times i tell her, she wont stop

Hi,

I was talking to my dh about Maya's name as it is so pretty, and I pronouced it May-a

Thank you!!

It's so wierd you should say that as I was talking to my mum about all of your LOs names!! They're all so pretty!!

Oh thank you. Thinking of having more children just to think of names lol. Nah I wouldnt really.

We have a similar problem with Kaysie, everyone says Katie I know they sound a like, but even when I spell it K-A-Y-S-I-E they just dont get it, mind you she is in abright pink buggy and I get oh isnt he.......

You should find the phonetic transcription for it and print it off and put it on a shirt for her :)

I say Maya.

I always thought it was my-ah too. But now i know how to pronounce it properly :) xx

I had a dream about Maya from Heroes last night..we were looking for light bulbs :shrug: x

My name is Maya but its pronounced Mya...Over the years I've had people call me Mia (Meee-aaa) Myra (?? wtf) May-a (like yours..) and lots of others!!! I dont bother correcting people anymore!!! haha!!

I always say "May a" too so glad I was saying it right!

How about this for annoying, when Faith was first born and people would ask me her name I'd say "Faith" and they'd look at me gone out and say "Face???". WTF???? and I'd have to say "Noooo, FAITH!!!!" You have to ask why sometimes!!!! x

doh!

I've been saying it my-ah

I am dosy... sorry

Lol me too! Sorry! Hahaha Well I know now :) Some names (in the written sense) are hard to get until you hear them out loud ...or have someone spell it out :lol:

I always say "May a" too so glad I was saying it right!

How about this for annoying, when Faith was first born and people would ask me her name I'd say "Faith" and they'd look at me gone out and say "Face???". WTF???? and I'd have to say "Noooo, FAITH!!!!" You have to ask why sometimes!!!! x

Face??! :huh: :rofl: If they're going to be stupid they could at least pick a real name?! :laugh2: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->