Does Possible late ovulation mean Delayed period?

Prinny

BABY NO.3 DUE OCT 2019
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Just a quick question regarding when to expect AF. So I had a Mirena put in January 8th 2018 but removed it 11days later (19th Jan 2018) this was actually the day my AF would have originally begun and I bled for the normal amount of days. I usually do ovulate around day 13-15 and I have a 28day cycle. Around cycle day 10 I had EWCM but The next day I battled with thrush 😒 so it’s been hard to go by discharge ect. Then On cycle day 18 I had a positive ovulation test.
My question is did I ovulate when I had the EWCM or when I had the positive ovulation test? And if I ovulated on cycle day 18 (as the next day the ovulation test was negative) would that mean AF due tomorrow may be late?
Thanks in advance x

It's hard to know when you did ovulate if you were not temping but for arguments sake- if you ovulated on cd18 , af would arrive around CD 32, give or take a day or so. Hope this helps.

Agree with above. Unless you temp, you won't know for sure when or if you ovulated. OPKs just tell you you're having your lh surge which means your body is probably about to ovulate. Most people ovulate within a couple of days after a positive OPK, some the same day, some a little longer.
If ovulation is later than usual then af will be later unless your lp changes (which it generally doesn't), but you mention the mirena coil, although you didn't have it in for long it could mess about with your cycle. I took microgynon for three weeks and stopped for the break but didn't start it after as it was awful, and I had a really long cycle (for me) of about 40 something days because of it. So even for only short periods of time, they can mess things around

When I ovulate late, AF is always 14 days later. So in my experience, yes. Late ov means late AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->