does she need more time on her own?

spacebaby

Reaction score
My OH has her sleeping in bed with us, and during the day seems to be with her almost constantly or I'm with her, I cant help feeling she should be getting used to a bit of time sleeping by herself. She's 3 weeks old, what do you think?

Nah Hun I would say at such a young age they need to know you're near!!! X

As your LO is only 3 weeks, lots of cuddles shouldn't be a problem at the moment, they have spent 9 months being nice and cosy and having that contact.

I think its when she gets a bit older and your trying to get her into a night time routine, she will be used to others being there and so it may be harder to settle herself but it is prob something you will have to persever with at the time whilst your baby adjusts. Maybe speak to your partner and agree a time in the future when you both feel comfortable changing where your LO sleeps if your worried about night time sleeps? :hugs:

Nah it's fine if that's what works for you. We co slept for the first couple of weeks and then put her in the moses basket right by the side of the bed. Little babies need you near!

I co sleep with my baby he's 5wks, But i can also put him down in bouncer or basket & he'll drift to sleep himself, but he obviously prefers me i know that much & i dont mind :)

Hun there is nothing wrong with baby wanting mummy or daddy to snuggle to sleep, Sure some time alone in a bouncer or moses is fine & i do agree should be attempted so baby will fall asleep by self but it isnt a bad thing hun. Unless you feel she's picking baby up at every slight noise or cry.

at 3 weeksI NEVEr put my Lo down ... so many cuddles.

We still co-sleep part of the night... I figure he'll sleep in his own bed when he's ready. he likes being near me and I like him being near me! So it's win win

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->