does stripping membranes work? pros and cons

Nmp I really hope something works out for you. You must be providing one sweet ride for that wee munchkin to not want to come out. Fx for you!

Nmp I really really hope it works for you. As I am due a day apart from you I said I didn't want to be induced as much as possibly safe for us both. As my pregnancy as been plain sailing they booked it as long away as they could (which I'm pretty glad). I have a sweep Tuesday morning too and really praying it works for us both

Well nothing is happening so looks like I'll be going for my second sweep tomorrow! :cry:

Thanks all. I've done all I can for today. Walking, sex, bouncing on ball, warm bath. Here's hoping tomorrow is the day.

Good luck tomorrow kaths!

Good luck kaths will be thinking of you. I have my third tomorrow and wondering if I should bother with a fourth before my induction date. Awake as don't know whether I'm hungry or sore!! Too dark to go for a walk and DH is going to work soon

Thanks,are you girls feeling anything? I actually feel like I going to have a baby..hoping tonight is my night!
When is your induction date lillme? Didn't realise you could have more than 2 sweeps!

I hope tonight is your night too. Don't feel anything apart from bump getting heavier! I was told I can have as many sweeps as you like, two days were left between the first and second, three days between the second and third & probably two between third and fourth......if I bother!!x

I'm not feeling anything but I'm still in bed. Lol.

I'm getting another sweep tomorrow though. I feel like baby is growing too!

Just been for my sweep and she couldn't really do it :cry:
I'm booked in for induction tomorrow. Argh

Oh no kaths how come she couldn't? Labour dust for tonight for all of us!
Nmp I feel.that way too, just in from a walk and it was an effort & I'm starving constantly now. Just exhausted.

Yeah kaths. Did they say why?

Holy diarrhea and leg cramps. I'm all messed up today. Bleh.

Labor dust to you all too!!!

Good luck to all who is having their sweep today, not looking forward to mine 😕 & hoping I am at least 4cm at this stage! We should have a 'sweepstake' & guess lol

lol! A sweepstakes. That's hilarious.

Thanks. And good luck to everyone else.

How did everyone get on?
I woke this morning to fluid that had went over my pad & thought nothing of it.
I had an eventful appointment. I was still 2cm but effacing well. The mw thought my hind waters may have broken as trickling clear fluid, but still done the sweep & rang the hospital.
The hospital said to wait and see if continues, but DH wouldn't leave it & wanted me to get checked. We went for coffee & went to the hospital & checked me. No swabs to check the fluid, so another i internal & she was pretty sure. Hooked up to the monitors & baby was well & doctor was content not to check again so booked for an induction in the morning at 6am as thays when I noticed it!!
Back home & getting things sorted as I know I won't be leaving without her tomorrow. Nervous and apprehensive as didn't want to be induced but hoping the pessary will help me along and still get mu water birth! Didn't expect that I can say x

Lillme. Congrats! I hope you get your water birth. I'm off to the Drs office right now. Hopefully I'll be more effaced and dilated.
12 hours until we report to the hospital for induction. Here's hoping the sweep speeds things along.

I've always wondered how they can know whether membrane stripping works or not. Since it is done on or after the baby's due date, how do they know the baby wasn't going to come anyways and that the stripping actually didn't do anything. You know what I mean??

Nmp did they say if you were any further along? Yes 12 hours how scary and exciting! I know I am meant to be relaxing but I want the house in order knowing we have a new addition soon. You best check in and keep me posted as I don't know anyone else going through this at exactly the same time, I will have all crossed for you.
Jess I completely get were you are coming from, I guess no one knows and I think it can be coincidental. If my waters hadn't broke in the early hours I would have put it down to the sweep, but it wasn't!

Jess. I think for a lot of people it's because they weren't having any contractions before and then they have the sweep and it accelerates things.

They said I'm 2 cm now, 50% effaced, -2 station. The sweep hurt like a b*tch. I teared up.

I walked around the store for a while. Now I'm home cramping. I had spotting too and more mucus plug came out. Talked to the dr about the induction and she said they'll start with the foley and then go to pitocin. I'm going to walk again when DH gets here and dtd if we can.

I'm feeling hopeful! Will update in a few hours. It's 3:25 pm here. Not sure what time zone you all are on.

Good luck to all who is having their sweep today, not looking forward to mine �� & hoping I am at least 4cm at this stage! We should have a 'sweepstake' & guess lol

I think I've won the sweepstakes in this case :haha: i went into labour the same day as my sweep, the same day lillme posted the thread. I was awoken at 11:30 with a contraction and laboured for 8 hours, she was born the next morning after 12 min of pushing.

I think I may be a joint winner, my waters broke last night same day as the sweep & had her at 8:16 this morning with just gas and air & a water birth! No rips or tears weighing a whopping 8lbs 4oz!
Did not expect it, fully dilated within 2hrs & had a hard time pushing the head. Thankfully the walking paid dividends as I was fit enough for the 2hrs of getting her out. Incredible experience of which I will get time to write a proper update.
Nmp how are you?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->