• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does the HCG increase look Ok? Latest Update on Page 3

Chnima

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My LMP was the 15th of March and I got a dark line on the FRER on the 8th of April, got my hcg drawn on the 11th and it came back as 279. . I am really worried that it could be an ectopic, this is my 5th she pregnancy but I have only one LO . My last MMC was caused becaus of Monosomy X at 10 weeks. I'm sure I ovulated around the 1st of April. I'm just confused about the timeline and hoping things work in my favour this time.

Any inputs ?

Thanks.

Hi,
My LMP was 16th March. I tested on Thursday 13th and had a good line. Some tests do come up earlier. are you feeling ok? Are you seeing the Dr this week to put your fears to rest?
I have had 4 MMC over the last 16 months. It is very scary and worrying. What is monosomy X?

Hi,
My LMP was 16th March. I tested on Thursday 13th and had a good line. Some tests do come up earlier. are you feeling ok? Are you seeing the Dr this week to put your fears to rest?
I have had 4 MMC over the last 16 months. It is very scary and worrying. What is monosomy X?
Hi Kellze,

I'm feeling fine and don't have any symptoms and that's what's worrying me as my OBG says that it's a a good sign to have symptoms.

Monosomy is a chromosomal condition in which a female fetus has only one X chromosome instead of 2.

With ectopics often the hcg will rise but very slowly, and doesn't double every 48 hours. Did you get bloods drawn a second time? I'm sure everything is fine x

Also just to say I have had a pretty symptomless pregnancy so far, only since turning 6 weeks have I started feeling a bit nauseous in the mornings x

My LMP was 14th march and I've been getting positives since the 6 April at 10dpo so i think your spot on with your test, try not to worry and congrats!

I think everybody is different hun my LMP was 17th March and I tested on the 11th April and got a BFN, tested again on 15th April and got my BFP. 1i wouldn't worry but test again just to make sure. Or go to a walk in clinic and have them do a test

It's fine to have a bfp at 7dpo I normally get one at 8dpo as for symptoms they normally kick in around 6 - 7 weeks. I always feel fine Up until that point x

If you ovulated around the 28/29 the hcg draw would have been about 13/14dpo which is bang on compared to mine in the past. Ectopic is usually low numbers not doubling, high and doubling is most likely a good strong pregnancy xx

Ps. I usually get a good line about 22 or 23 days after my LMP as I often ovulate around day 12

I've had a BFP as early as 7DPO with my fourth pregnancy, and he's now a 1-year-old. I also had ZERO symptoms, at all, ever, with my second pregnancy. He's now a 3-year-old. I've had symptoms start at 3 weeks or 6 weeks with three of my pregnancies. With my current pregnancy, however, I only tested because I had stretching feelings (I get them BADLY, and they start with implantation), but I didn't get any other symptoms until 9 weeks along. I've never had an hcG blood test done with any of my pregnancies, so I have no idea what my numbers were at any point. I really, really hope this pregnancy sticks for you.

Thank you all for the support, I another hcg test that I will get done today. The reason I'm confused is because I have a 32 day cycle and ovulate nearly around 3 weeks from the LMP. I have never had such an early BFP

Hoping this baby sticks.

My hcg values are
11/04 -73
13/04 -279
20/04 - 2239

LMP - 15/03/17

Please do let me know if these numbers look ok or are they low.

There are hcg calculators online and they will give you a doubling time x

You really need only 48 hours between tests to get an accurate idea of whether the numbers are doubling. If your numbers literally double and no more, perhaps slightly less, then you're not far off track. But if your numbers more than double every 48 hours, like they did between your first two tests, then your latest result might show a slowing of the doubling rate. This is why you need the tests 48 hours apart because it's complete guesswork otherwise. I've read before that you want to see the numbers go up by at least 60% so it's not necessarily a concern if they're not completely doubling. The actual numbers by themselves aren't as important as the doubling time, but they look to be in the normal range for how far along you are, so I wouldn't worry about that.

You really need only 48 hours between tests to get an accurate idea of whether the numbers are doubling. If your numbers literally double and no more, perhaps slightly less, then you're not far off track. But if your numbers more than double every 48 hours, like they did between your first two tests, then your latest result might show a slowing of the doubling rate. This is why you need the tests 48 hours apart because it's complete guesswork otherwise. I've read before that you want to see the numbers go up by at least 60% so it's not necessarily a concern if they're not completely doubling. The actual numbers by themselves aren't as important as the doubling time, but they look to be in the normal range for how far along you are, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As of the last hcg test , I was around 5 weeks 1 days as per LMP but I have irregular cycles and reckon I ovulated around the 1st of April, I had another test done today and will get the results tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I get irregular cycles too.. make sure it very hard to know where you are! Even for 5 weeks, the numbers themselves are in range, so don't worry about that. That's great you've had another test today. You want to see that 2239 go up by at least 60% ideally (so 3577 or higher if I calculated that correctly), though I do believe I've read other posts that say doubling rates can start to slow once you go into the thousands, but I'm not sure of the exact details of this. Let us know how you get on with the results tomorrow!

I just got back the results of my hcg tests from yesterday and it came back at 4858. I feel like I have become really paranoid and everybody around says I need to be positive, but I find it very difficult because of my Past losses. I'm hoping this little bean sticks and we get the rainbow baby that we have been waiting for.

I just got back the results of my hcg tests from yesterday and it came back at 4858. I feel like I have become really paranoid and everybody around says I need to be positive, but I find it very difficult because of my Past losses. I'm hoping this little bean sticks and we get the rainbow baby that we have been waiting for.

Perfect, it more than doubled. Everything looks great for a pregnancy based on those numbers. The best advice I can give you now is to accept you're pregnant and that everything is progressing as it should. Constant stress and worry is not good or helpful for you or the baby. Don't get me wrong, I know how difficult this is and I had to really make an effort to do things to relax me, especially during first tri. After 5.5 years of trying, and 2 miscarriages (inc one from IVF), it was so difficult for me to believe it would work out. So far, I'm at 15 weeks and doing well. There are no guarantees, and you will always worry (although the worry gets a bit better after 12 weeks, for me anyway), but just do what you can to relax and keep the stress at bay. Find something else to occupy your mind. I'd recommend not having any more HCG tests as they're just going to cause you more stress while waiting for them. Hope everything goes well for you! :)

Just wanted to add my thoughts here...I have had RMC issues and increasingly complicated pregnancies even with my rainbow babies for the last 9.5 years so I totally get your fears. Trust me, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow with Rainbow #4 and even though I've never had issues beyond 14 weeks, I simply cannot relax this time. I just can't. My anxiety is always there.

So yes, you are feeling overwhelmed and nervous but it's okay and understandable given your history. Don't feel bad about it because any PARL mom will tell you that it's totally normal.

My advice is to try and relax as best you can but do what you need to do to keep yourself sane. For me, I talk to my therapist every 1-2 weeks, I see the dr every 1-3 weeks (yep, even now) and get a reassurance scan or a doppler hb check, and I see my naturopath every 2 weeks. I also do meditation and deep breathing exercises, journal, and am hoping to start some prenatal yoga next month. I find having something to keep my mind occupied helps and some women will tell you that a doppler of your own is HUGELY calming for them as they can check bubs hb any time they want. (This doesn't work for me because most of my losses are earlier than you can pick up a hb with an external device and only ultrasounds can tell me if there is a viable pg or not. Plus I'd have the thing permanently glued to my belly if I had one. :haha:) Maybe that's an option for you once you get a bit further along?

ETA-also one other thing to note is that anxiety is notorious for dampening or overpowering pg symptoms. I rarely get pg signs because of this and I've never had strong pg symptoms to begin with. Some women just don't get them at all anyway, even with a normal pregnancy. So no symptoms is totally okay at this stage too.

Perfect, it more than doubled. Everything looks great for a pregnancy based on those numbers. The best advice I can give you now is to accept you're pregnant and that everything is progressing as it should. Constant stress and worry is not good or helpful for you or the baby. Don't get me wrong, I know how difficult this is and I had to really make an effort to do things to relax me, especially during first tri. After 5.5 years of trying, and 2 miscarriages (inc one from IVF), it was so difficult for me to believe it would work out. So far, I'm at 15 weeks and doing well. There are no guarantees, and you will always worry (although the worry gets a bit better after 12 weeks, for me anyway), but just do what you can to relax and keep the stress at bay. Find something else to occupy your mind. I'd recommend not having any more HCG tests as they're just going to cause you more stress while waiting for them. Hope everything goes well for you! :)

Thank you so much for the support, I'm trying not to think too much about the pregnancy for now as I'm going away k. Holidays for 2 weeks. But it's just that I have hashimotos, abnormal liver function and was diagnosed with pre-gestational diabetes at 6. weeks during my last pregnancy. Will deal with everything once I'm back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"