• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does the HCG increase look Ok? Latest Update on Page 3

Just wanted to add my thoughts here...I have had RMC issues and increasingly complicated pregnancies even with my rainbow babies for the last 9.5 years so I totally get your fears. Trust me, THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow with Rainbow #4 and even though I've never had issues beyond 14 weeks, I simply cannot relax this time. I just can't. My anxiety is always there.

So yes, you are feeling overwhelmed and nervous but it's okay and understandable given your history. Don't feel bad about it because any PARL mom will tell you that it's totally normal.

My advice is to try and relax as best you can but do what you need to do to keep yourself sane. For me, I talk to my therapist every 1-2 weeks, I see the dr every 1-3 weeks (yep, even now) and get a reassurance scan or a doppler hb check, and I see my naturopath every 2 weeks. I also do meditation and deep breathing exercises, journal, and am hoping to start some prenatal yoga next month. I find having something to keep my mind occupied helps and some women will tell you that a doppler of your own is HUGELY calming for them as they can check bubs hb any time they want. (This doesn't work for me because most of my losses are earlier than you can pick up a hb with an external device and only ultrasounds can tell me if there is a viable pg or not. Plus I'd have the thing permanently glued to my belly if I had one. :haha:) Maybe that's an option for you once you get a bit further along?

ETA-also one other thing to note is that anxiety is notorious for dampening or overpowering pg symptoms. I rarely get pg signs because of this and I've never had strong pg symptoms to begin with. Some women just don't get them at all anyway, even with a normal pregnancy. So no symptoms is totally okay at this stage too.

Thank you so much for the great advice . I'm trying to focus more on my 3 year old who I'm greatful for. I'm going away on holidays for 2 weeks, will come back and see all the doctors and get the scans done

I have been cramping on and off today with brown\pink spotting. Went to local emergency department and did an ultrasound and said they could see a sac measuring 6 weeks plus or minus 4 days but they couldn't find a fetal pole. I also spoke to my doctor and she said that I should "just take an abortion pill" and treat the bleeding like a period and Inshould be relieved that I have not see a heart beat unlike my tragic last pregnancy.
I am going to wait 2 weeks before I get the next scan done and will decide then, I am devastated this might be my 6th D&C. Also my hcg level was 19125 from 4858 on Saturday.

I'm sorry you didn't have better news, hon. :hugs:

But I did some quick calculating and your scan dates are actually right on. If you ovulated around April 1st, then you will be 6 weeks right around now and it's VERY common not to see a fetal pole until the middle of the 6th week. I went in with my current pg for spotting and to rule out an ectopic at 6+1 and we saw a gestational sac measuring 5+4 with a yolk sac but no fetal pole. A week later, there was baby.

I know it's hard to hope when you have such dire warnings from the dr and you are having this spotting but you aren't out yet. Yes, it still could end in sadness but I think you are right in waiting a bit to see what the next scan shows. Could you move your ultrasound up a week or even to early next week? But either way, hang in there and take it easy. Thinking of you. :hugs:

I have been spotting almost every day for the last 2 weeks and was quite sure that I would loose the baby and it would be a blighted ovum due to the findings at ER and previous experiences. I went in for a scan to find out how the pregnancy had progressed and expected to see an empty sac but was so relieved to see my liitle one measuring 8 weeks and 1 day with a heart rate of 170 bpm. I'm hoping this rainbow of mine sticks and I get through my pregnancy without going insane. But I do have a little bleed at the bottom of the sac that needs to be monitored!

That's bloody brilliant news. Congrats.

I don't know is why but I had a feeling your update would be a good one, your scan was too early for the advice the dr gave you! Very happy for you!

What a brilliant update, congratulations!!!

So glad you didn't listen to that asshat doctor! A few of my friends spotted all tri 1, and their babies are perfectly healthy now. So I hope that's the case for you <3

That's amazing! So glad you didn't listen to that doctor.... wishing you a healthy strong bean!

oh such wonderful news!!! so glad you didnt listen to that doctor!! wishing you a wonderful pregnancy x

Thank you all for your wishes but I'm still a little worried as I have been spotting red for the past few days. I've become so paranoid and borderline crazy because I lost my last baby at 9 weeks after I started spotting and we had seen the heartbeat twice before . Please pray that I have a healthy pregnancy and this little one sticks.

Thank you for your prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"