Does The "Lay Down After Sex" Really Works?

Azasha

Reaction score
Morning BnB Gorgeousness!!

I'm a 8 months newly wed (Not so new I suppose)
would like to ask if this theory which was passed down or even been gossip around since our parents olden days, regarding the "LAY STILL AFTER SEX SO THAT YOU CAN CONCEIVED BETTER"....

Is it true?
As for my working nature, shift works I can say.. (9 types of shift work schedules: God bless me on that!!) it's hard to really lay down for even 5 mins because simply, I need to get going. LOL!

But recently, I have finally found a 9-6 job.. Any tips or advices that i can try out for better conceive catch? =)

God Bless You, Awesome people!! =)

It can't hurt.... I'm usually up and at it pretty quick myself though.

I'm not sure if it truly helps or not but it can't hurt. Sorry for the TMI but the fluid that surrounds the spermies will come back out since it was protecting them from the hostile vaginal environment and is no longer needed. Thousands to millions of spermies are in each ejaculation and it only takes one to get pregnant so chances are high that enough are in there to cause a pregnancy without the need to lie down. Just my opinion... I'm no doctor or anything LOL

I think there was an experiment with women who had been inseminated, and those who lay down for a while after had a higher success rate? X

The way I see it using science, a man ejaculates at 30mph and sperm travel at 5 mm a second. There shouldn't be much of a need to lay down.

https://infertility.about.com/od/tryingtoconceive101/f/lying_on_back_after_sex_getting_pregnant.htm theres a link explaining the study that was done :)

I always stay laying down after to increase the odds. It worked out for my first 2 pregnancies as I got pregnant both times first cycle trying. I have one beautiful dd and a miscarriage before that.

But this time around I have no af since dd was born so the laying down might not help too much if there is no ovulation going on. :dohh:

I've read in multiple places that it definitely helps, also have gotten that advice from 3 of my friends that have conceived and took over a year to, once they started doing this, they got a BFP soon after. It doesn't hurt to try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->