Does this make me a bad mum?

Hi love
I am crying as I read this post - for you, not your baby who is safe and sound.
What you have done must be the hardest thing in the world and you have done it for your baby. It is only natural that you don't feel you have bonded because of the time spent apart but as you have said you don't have any choice and the bonding will come over time. I am already worried about leaving Matilda in the summer and she will be a year old so I think you have been very strong.

Is there any way you could get an extra night? Maybe your mum could look after her in your house on a Friday so she could come home on Thursday night for example.... I am sure you have been over all the alternatives to get where you are but I am dying for you to see her more!

Oh and a little tip. My little girl is six months old tomorrow and she has changed soooo much in the last two weeks. If any weeks have been the most exciting these have so maybe you could plan ahead and book a couple of weeks holiday around six months.

Enjoy Christmas with your baby.

Hx

Can you move closer to work?

Hiya,

Its not possible to move as yet as I own a small flat which we would have to put on the market and then try and get somewhere else (bigger because of baby) and with only one decent income at the moment its a bit too difficult. I was lucky as I bought a property over 11 years ago when they were cheaper so my mortgage is affordable, by moving I would put us into a worse financial position and I have just been informed that my works is now moving another 12 miles further.. i could cry !!!

x

Hi love
I am crying as I read this post - for you, not your baby who is safe and sound.
What you have done must be the hardest thing in the world and you have done it for your baby. It is only natural that you don't feel you have bonded because of the time spent apart but as you have said you don't have any choice and the bonding will come over time. I am already worried about leaving Matilda in the summer and she will be a year old so I think you have been very strong.

Is there any way you could get an extra night? Maybe your mum could look after her in your house on a Friday so she could come home on Thursday night for example.... I am sure you have been over all the alternatives to get where you are but I am dying for you to see her more!

Oh and a little tip. My little girl is six months old tomorrow and she has changed soooo much in the last two weeks. If any weeks have been the most exciting these have so maybe you could plan ahead and book a couple of weeks holiday around six months.

Enjoy Christmas with your baby.

Hx

aaw your message made me sad !!! I am currently staying over at mums with DD on Sunday nights but even so getting to work from mums is a bit of ballache and an extra 40 minutes merely because of the M25 traffic in the morning. I would love to spend an extra night at my mums, perhaps Wednesday and negotiate with work if I could come in an hour later perhaps, especially now that my work premises are moving even further away !!

you have a lovely Christmas too :)

xx

hi hun :) im in the exact same spot (sort of!) as you. i work full time and my inlaws take care of LO, some nights he stays over as he stopped sleeping at night and needed my rest as i work all day long. i dont feet guilty as im doing whats best for my LO but it does hurt when they see him do new things or sometimes when i wonder like you if he will know im his mum,sometimes i dont see him at all for a day and it hurts.
anyway the point to this is do NOT feel bad about it because your providing for you LO by working and doing whats best for your little one. hang in there and it will get better you'll see! and PM me whenever you need to talk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->