Does this sound like late ovulation?

kittyma

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here, not currently trying to conceive, but interested in getting my cycles in order for the future, and thought this would be the best place to ask this question. I'm a 19-year-old with PCOS, but I've had very regular cycles for almost a year now, generally between 29-31 days, with only one late period in January (when my wife and I got married), but I'm currently on cd 33 with no period.

But this month has been really odd. TMI, but the past few weeks have been stressful for me, and I had very scant cervical mucus through most of the month, with only a very small amount of ewcm when I usually ovulate (around day 16-18, although I've never confirmed this with an OPK, just cm charting). 9 days before AF was due (cd 22), I suddenly got tons of ewcm, which tapered off into watery cm over the next two days. I also got a very small amount of spotting on cd 26 (which is an occasional post-ovulation sign for me, but not always, and I usually spot right before AF shows up, but there's been nothing since). My PMS sore boobs and bloating came right on time, 7 days (cd 24) which makes me think I ovulated the day before. My PMS symptoms have continued up until now, so I'm just stumped.

As I said, I have a wife, so I'm definitely not pregnant. Does the late ovulation explain my late period? Am I crazy and just overthinking all this?

Late ovulation can cause a late period. Stress can also delay a period

Agree with Hoping! Sounds like stress could have delayed your ovulation and while the part of your cycle before ovulation can vary, the time between ovulation and your period generally stays the same for each person.

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I was definitely freaking out a little.

I have PCOS, too, but thankfully I have very, very regular periods. In fact they are only about 2-3 days late exactly once a year.

I celebrate Ramadan where we fast during the day. It usually involves staying up till 3 a.m. or waking up at 3 a.m. to eat before the fast begins, and thusly, naps during the day.

I end up thinking I'm pregnant every Ramadan! I couldn't find too much info about fasting and late periods, but my doctor here immediately said it's from a shifted sleep schedule.

So yes, it could be stress. It would be a double possibility if stress was also making it difficult for you to fall asleep.

I have PCOS, too, but thankfully I have very, very regular periods. In fact they are only about 2-3 days late exactly once a year.

I celebrate Ramadan where we fast during the day. It usually involves staying up till 3 a.m. or waking up at 3 a.m. to eat before the fast begins, and thusly, naps during the day.

I end up thinking I'm pregnant every Ramadan! I couldn't find too much info about fasting and late periods, but my doctor here immediately said it's from a shifted sleep schedule.

So yes, it could be stress. It would be a double possibility if stress was also making it difficult for you to fall asleep.

Salaam alaikum! I'm a non-practicing Muslim. Back when I used to fast, it actually regulated my cycles so much! My first year fasting was the first time I had 29-day cycles twice in a row. I think it ended up reducing my carbohydrate intake overall, but it also made me quite sick, so it was difficult to keep up, especially in the summer when the days are so long.

UPDATE: It turns out I guessed right, AF showed up on cd 37, exactly 14 days after the day I thought I O'd. I guess stress won out this time! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->