• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does this sound like siatica?

Brookey

Reaction score
Sorry if ive spelt that wrong!

For the last few weeks ive been getting some shooting pains that start in my buttock and then shoot down the back of the leg, usually if ive been walking a lot. Last night I went for a long dog walk and then food shopping and when I got half way round the supermarket it was really quite hard to walk, me and OH were in there hours as i could only shuffle!

This morning its still quite achy but a not as bad. Does anyone know what this could be, I have tried googling it but am getting different answers, Im seeing my midwife next week so will ask then but just thought id check to see if any of you ladies have experienced it!

Thanks Guys x

it does sound like it tbh. I seem to get it quite a lot at the moment now that bubs is getting bigger (although I used to get it before I was pg) but I would just double check it with your midwife as she might be able to tell you some stretches to do to help lengthen the sciatic nerve and help stop the compression.

:)

it sounds like sciatica i get it a few times a year and need to take strong pain killers for it, its always on my right side of back and shoots down my right side of bum and leg, very painful when walking and getting up and sitting down, i havent had it since getting pregnant but mentioned to my midwife im prone to getting it and she said that if i get it when pregnant i will be offered physiothearpy to help relieve it, talk to your midwife she might be able to arrange something like that for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"