Does this sound okay for a first week of food?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Shabutie, May 31, 2011.

1. Shabutie

Shabutie Mum to Amara & #2 on way

Monday: Sweet potato wedges and pear

Tuesday: Pear slices and apple slices

Wednesday: Broccoli and carrot sticks

Thursday: Sweet potato wedges and roasted mushrooms

Friday: Broccoli and roasted mushrooms

Saturday: Banana and mandarin slices

Sunday: Apple slices and mandarin slices

Is it too much variety? I'm tring to do it so I can eat the same things so that I dont have to cook twice as it is only me and LO atm.

:flower:

2. moondrops

moondrops Call me Sally!

That sounds brilliant to me, root vegetables are recommended for starting out so you're doing just fine. They do say to wait 3 days before introducing a new food so if your LO has an allergic reaction you will know what has caused it but i only really did this when i introduced things such as dairy, pasta (wheat/gluten) x

3. Shabutie

Shabutie Mum to Amara & #2 on way

Ah brilliant thank you. I doubt she will eat much, but I thought I would try her out, if its not for her yet then we will wait another few weeks, then we should be able to introduce dairy/gluten stuff. Thanks for the tip on the 3 day thing, I shall have to remember that. Does baby not get bored of the same food 3 days in a row? Silly question I know. lol

:flower:

4. moondrops

moondrops Call me Sally!

Well you've already tried her with around 8 different foods so you could feed her a range of them whilst introducing a new food and then 3 days til you introduce the next so she will always have a variety iykwim? Though tbh i haven't followed the 3 day wait yet though whoops, she's been fine with everything i've gave her so far though! x