Does Weight effect chances of pregnancy

ZekeyMylo2010

TTC LONG TIME
Reaction score
hi guys, personally does anyone know if weight really effects pregnancy
myself and my partner have been trying well coming up 2 years this feb now we have had tests done and they have all come back normal and they cant find anything wrong with either of us so i have come to the conclusion that it gotta be my weight thats stopping us. any thoughts or has anyone lost the weight and got pregnant?
Hayley

i can put my hand up to this!! Never thought i would & never thought it was true!! I was one of those people who saw women twice or 3 times my weight with a bunch of kids & think it has nothing to do with weight but after almost 8 years of trying with & without fertility treatment (4 cycles clomid then 4 cycles iui neither worked) i decided to take time off & give the weigh loss a chance & i also took a 3 week holiday visiting family overseas :)

It took me over 6 months to lose 5kgs!! (i am insulin resistant & boarder line PCOS) but my fertility Dr was impressed when i had my re-view with him. We decided before we saw him that i wanted to take another 6 months to try lose another 5 or so kgs & the Dr suggested we give clomid another go- he all it takes is a little loss for it to help (apparently as little as 8% of your body fat or something like that).

I was meant to take 2 50mg tablets over 5 days but messed up & i only took 1 each day- i thought i had messed our chances but the nurses said you never know so go to your blood tests. The first one was high which the nurse said could indicate a pregnancy but i deffo did ovulate- a few days later i was to have another blood test but this time she decided to stick a pregnancy test on the end of it & to my shock/ surprise it was positive!! :D

Here i am 22 weeks later (i found out at 5 or so weeks) :D I do think a lot of other things came together also which may have helped (loseing weight, eating more healthy, exercising, taking time out for me, visiting family, deciding well f*** you world i don't wana leave a kid here anyways- that was protecting myself from it hurting anymore)

I so hope you find what works for you! try not to give up hun! :) xo

aww well thats great news. you have made me feel alot better, its nice to talking to people that have been through it.
im definatley taking it seriously dancing twice a week getting out is good and plenty of healthy food. i so hope this works for me as i can not think of what else it could br thats stopping us!
Thanks again :winkwink:

As she said, taking weight off helps some people restore fertility. Also keep in mind that sometimes a hormone imbalance can cause you to put on weight. That is the case with PCOS... and it makes it very difficult to take off. Sometimes getting your hormones together helps make it easier for you to take off the weight. I found that taking insulin-leveling supplements helps restore my fertility and helps me take off weight quickly. Cutting out a lot of carbs (not completely, but unecessary ones), helped me too. So yes, changing how you eat can help too, especially if your ovaries are reacting to it. PCOSers have insulin resistance and our bodies react by not making enough sex hormones. Or too much of others.

I take Inositol and that helps me alot. I've been using my Wii games and I've been shedding off pounds!

I have PCOS and i've just had my 2nd MMC.

I am determined to lose a bit of weight before TTC again - my experience of weight loss in the past - i just KNEW my body was healthier and my PCOS was better as a result. My periods became regular when i became more healthy, and I havent had a problem with them since (even though I am now heavier again).

I want to give my insulin resistance and hormones a good kick before TTC again, as I am sure it will help this time round...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->