Does your baby always drink full bottle?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by 3011busyyear, Apr 5, 2011.

1. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

LO is on about 4oz which isn't a lot in comparison to other babies of her age.
    Sometimes she will drink this fine, but other times like now, she's done 3hour between feeds and was crying for milk, she drinks the first 30mls then goes really slow. If I sit for ages I might get her to drink 60mls or 90mls but it's a long process.
    She cries when I take the bottle out, when I put it back in she chugs a few mouthfuls then stops again.
    Any ideas to get her to eat more and faster?

2. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

What size Teats are you using? Maybe moving up a size so the flow is quicker, as she may be getting frustrated that she can't get it quick enough.

3. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

We're still on the first size ones, she's 9weeks do you think she needs the next size already?:shrug:
    She's been going for 40mins now. :dohh:

4. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

Perhaps hun, I know they go up in size every few months, so maybe she just might benefit from going up a little sooner....It can't hurt to try, perhaps buy one and see how you go. It does sound like she's frustrated though..:hugs:

5. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

My LO is 6 weeks and i just got the vari flow teats (she has tommee tippee bottles) as the speed it comes out depents on how hard she sucks..

Saves alot of money buying all the different sized teats..
    X

6. BethK

BethK Well-Known Member

We switched to TT vari-flow teats when we had this problem in the early days. If you aren't on TT teats maybe you can go up a size?

7. mumtobeplus1

mumtobeplus1 Expecting & Mum of 1

Definatly go up a size, We use avent bottles and the 2nd stage teats are for
    2mths+.

PS, my son is 9 weeks too and hes still on 4oz. x

8. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

My LO is 9 weeks, she's still on 4 ozs. Well, I make the bottles up to 5 but she rarely drinks that much :shrug:

I use the TT variflow teats, she seems to drink a lot quicker now she's on them :)