Does your baby ever cry for no reason/get very irritable?

Pessimistic

Reaction score
My lil girl has days where she's absolutely fine, then others(like today) where I can't leave her alone for 5min as she cries, and sometimes no matter what I do she is very whiny and fidgety. Bathed her, fed her, burped her, nappy fine etc. Spitting dummy out and getting aggressive with her bottle, like one min she wants it in her mouth and next is pushing it away with her hand in a tantrum cry! I phoned my dad as I was just like what do I do! & he said babies just get days where they are very irritable. Anyone else have the same sort of thing? I always get worried and stressed if I can't settle her down! It seems all is fine she is maybe just bored LOL?! :dohh:

yeah and god help me those days, I just want to sign into a nut ward lol. They did diagnose him with acid reflux but i'm not sure if that is what causes his 'bad' days

I dont think babies cry for no reason at that age. They have no reason to cry unless there is something wrong, we just can't see what it is.

Most of the time irritability is because they are tired:

https://www.minti.com/parenting-advice/6523/I-wish-someone-had-told-me-about-Tired-Signs/

they have a reason, it's just you don't know what it is, and have no way of knowing. I mean, they don't even have to coordination to scratch and itch, that's got to be annoying. I remember taking Finn to a friends and just not understanding why he was crying all the time.. and then I found a tooth! He was only 8 weeks. He practically let out a gasp of relief when I put the bonjela on... he also gets very grumpy if he doesnt get enough sleep. He knows something is wrong, just not that he's tired, and should sleep. So he complains!

hi i had this all last week, she was screaming as i was trying to feed her, very grumpy etc... went to the hv and she confirmed thats kaydee's started teething already bonjela worked a treat :)

the kiddo I watch is almost a year and he has days where he does this. 99% of the time he's tired and fighting sleep. Putting him in the crib with lights out and the door shut will work. He cries for a few minutes but then he'll knock out and when he wakes up he's like a different baby.

Caine does it but mainly for stimulation and boredom or tiredness or teeth :D

I am constantly moving from toy to toy to keep him entertained :lol:

Brianna does it sometimes. Not sure if she did it at that age there was USUALLY something that could calm her. But now that she's older she does it for attention and god forbid she doesn't get it.

what you have descibed is so whats happening with Mylo lately- the odd day he will cry and cry. MW says its something to do with his 2 week growth spurt :wacko:

It's frustrating, especially when they're that little - at least when they're older you can hazard a guess and they can let you know when you've got it right.

Darwin had a lousy day today, lots of screaming/whining for no reason I could immediately see. He was restless, refused to nap, and he kept trying to nurse but would come off the boob shrieking like he was in terrible pain, poor little guy. I realized mid-day that the barometric pressure is really low; there's a storm coming, and his teeth seem to REALLY bother him on days like this. Motrin made him feel 90% better - I'm so thankful for modern medicine some days!

A lot of times I think that could be gas...try lying him/her on their back, and holding legs up and moving the legs around, that helps my little guy with his tummy pain. I will also sometimes put him on his tummy (very supervised!) to help him fall asleep when he's tired and his tummy hurts...always works, then I flip him on his back to put him in his bassinet!

Today my LO was very unsettled and when we put her doen 2nite she started crying - first time this has happened, I think she may have a wee cold and has had more feeds today so maybe growing. its the not knowing that I find hard - fingers crossed she will be more settled tomorrow and DH is off so I will have a helping hand - LOl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->