Does your bloat come and go?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Hopeful29, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hopeful29

Hopeful29 Active Member

I am 9 +5 weeks. Sometimes I'm really bloated, especially in the evenings, but woke up this morning and don't seem to have much bloat! Anyone else experiencing this?:wacko:

2. catcatcat

catcatcat Well-Known Member

Meeee last night it was painful this am nothing

3. Elhaym

Elhaym It's a girl :)

Yup, usually it's not there in the morning but I slowly balloon up during the day so by evening I look 5 months gone :haha:

4. Hopeful29

Hopeful29 Active Member

Thanks for your reply. Any idea why we are less bloated in the morning?

5. catcatcat

Overnight all food has digested also while your asleep your relaxed. Its awful when u wake up and feel your tummy that felt pregnant the night before to find it flat - its horrible. Also when your lying down everything goes back inside but when standing through day it sticks out. X

6. Hopeful29

Hopeful29 Active Member

Thanks catcatcat. How far along are u?

7. catcatcat

7 wks and ive had the bloat on and off since 4 wks soon it will b a bump (fingers crossed)

8. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

Thank goodness for this post! I just noticed this morning that my tummy felt soft although it felt like it was starting to get hard last night. Well, as I've been awake for a while, it's started to firm back up a little. That's wild.

9. Rosie1979

Rosie1979 Member

My stomach is hard and round - it's difficult to deal with as jeans are so uncomfortable these days!

I've just been reading about it and it's due to the high levels of progesterone that slows down your digestive system, causing bloat and gas! My OH is not impressed at that ha!

10. Bee_Weird

Bee_Weird Well-Known Member

I mentioned this to my Mum she said 'you'll probably find it will learn when you're relaxed'. still not entirely sure what she means by that, hopefully i'll find out by the end of the pregnancy lol xx

11. hedgehog394

hedgehog394 Active Member

I'm finding this especially when I am at work. By the end of the day I am trying to really hold my stomach in as they don't know as yet :wacko:

12. happythought

happythought Mom of 2 amazing boys

YES! im for sure with you- sometimes I look like im 5 months pregnant from this bloating.

13. Ministeff

Ministeff Well-Known Member

im was bloating on and off but now i got a tiny lil bump but when i eat still goes bigger xx

14. windle05

windle05 mummy 2 a son

aww I'm so pleased to c this thread. I have had this problem to and finding it very hard to go tmi which in turn is making me even more bloated ratty and uncomfortable

other than the tender boobs the mornings r soooo much more easier to cope with,

I'm 7 WEEKS not months god damn it.

15. robinator

robinator Guest

My stomach has been hard as a rock now for a few weeks, but I am definitely more bloated in the evenings than I am during the morning and day. It gets so bad that I even have to take my bra off in the evening cuz the underwire cuts into me!

16. readytta

readytta Well-Known Member

I look like I've swallowed a football! Usually ok first thing and blow up during the day. I've usually got a flat stomach so I'm wearing baggier tops to hide it -ridiculous at 9 weeks when it's all bloat but looks like a bump! My husband thinks it's hilarious that I've had to buy bigger trousers already. Not so amused that I'm full of gas mind you!

17. MummyStobe

MummyStobe 1 angel & 1 rainbow

I'm having this problem too, I grow as the day goes on. Been wearing maternity trousers to work for the past few weeks because my normal ones were so uncomfy and I'm only 10+6. Also been and got some baggy tops today as my blouses are all getting too tight as well.
    Got an evening wedding reception next Saturday night and every outfit I try on makes me look at least 6 months. Don't think it's going to be much of a secret after that, unless I can breathe in all night!!