• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does your LO NOT kick or move on some days??

firsttimer1

Reaction score
Hi ladies

just a bit concerned as my LO was moving loads a few days ago... then yesterdayand today nothing..

..is this normal?? :wacko:

yeah its normal, my little ones getting really lazy x

My little guy does this too, I think it is because they are still small and can find places to hide out still.

Yep, I seem to had one day with loads of kicking followed by 1-2 days of nothing. I think it wears itself out! I'm only going to start monitoring kicks every day from 28 weeks.

hi im in 3rd but thought id reply as yes experienced quite days aswell it seems if im moving he isnt or it could be that i dont feel it as im moving to, i wouldnt be too worried there are tricks to getting them to move, like drinking a tall glass of icy water or just relaxing completley lying on your side think you are doing well to feel baby so early on god took me ages even when i could see him kicking hell out of me i still couldnt feel it ! there will come a time much later on when there isnt a lot of room to move so we can worry about that aswell lol !:thumbup:

yup, normal i think my LO is usually very active middle morning and late evening but the past two days ive barely had anything but this morning she is having a good kick i think all the growing makes them sleep a lot plus its gotta be pretty boring in there lol i read they sleep in there 12 to 14 hours at time sometimes! x

At your stage I'd have said yes, I had days with nothing. Now at 25 weeks I sometimes wish he'd quit it and leave my organs alone for a few hours!

I have days where he is very quiet I was in a slight panic like all day yesterday because I didn't feel him moving- that was until I wanted to go to sleep......then he decided to dance on my bladder and move his head or bum right upabove my bellybutton so that where OH had his hand on my stomach it moved and went all hard!! It was bizzare.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf5a7e.aspx

Yup, and I freak out everytime. But then the little one starts moving again! Just yesterday I was so busy and work and moving around so much I didn't feel baby at all, then this morning she started kicking and squirming around!

Glad u mentioned this as some days my lo having parties in there and others he seems to be recovering for days and i dont feel him.

when do we have to start kick counting? as heard diff times.

Don't worry about feeling regular movement until 28 weeks. Baby is still too small for you to notice all of his/her dancing moves ;)

Completely normal- and thanks for asking the question, btw. :thumbup:

If you're ever worried though, give your midwife a call. Won't hurt.

I've hired a doppler for £10/month from ebay and I use it when I haven't felt movement for a while. I guess there's still enough room for them cheeky monkeys to hide at this stage.:haha:

I've hired a doppler for £10/month from ebay and I use it when I haven't felt movement for a while. I guess there's still enough room for them cheeky monkeys to hide at this stage.:haha:

I really glad to have seen this thread because my little one is a bit of a monkey for having quiet days! I think I might hire a Doppler x x

I really glad to have seen this thread because my little one is a bit of a monkey for having quiet days! I think I might hire a Doppler x x

Yeah, you know, I don't abuse it. Just use it to put my mind at rest when I haven't felt her for a while, or when I had ,ex, a night of bad cramping (I still call the midwife though).

I didn't want to buy a doppler, but thought since it's just £10 for a month I'd do a test-drive. :haha:

I think this is something we ALL worry about at some point!! I know I did. Mine has days where he seems super active (right now, he is kicking up a storm!!! :haha:), and then other days where I think I must be carrying a zombie baby. Some of it also has to do with what you are doing that day too. The more busy you are or the more active you are, the less likely you are to just notice movements. I have also read that when we are active, it tends to put the baby to sleep - much like rocking our swaying them does after they are born. When we slow down and sit (like at night), no more rocking...and they wake up, which is why we often feel them most at night or when we are really still for a while. I feel mine most at night, in the morning, or when I am sitting at my desk for a while.

I second LaRockera on that one. I bought an Anglesounds doppler on Amazon for £16 and it's a godsend for putting my mind at rest when LO has quiet days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"