Does your OH jump when you look in pain?

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
My DH never really cares when I'm moaning about aches and pains etc.

However, tonight I have been suffering from my SPD and I suddenly got a sharp shooting pain in my pelvis which made me gasp a bit (not in agony gasp, just an uncomfortable gasp). Straight away he was asking what was wrong. I told him it was pelvic pain, he said, 'oh ok' and carried on typing on his laptop lol.

It's weird seeing him worried about twinges I get as he's so not normally like that. Has anyone elses OH become more like that?

My OH is always asking if I am ok this is only because at the moment I am constantly moaning and groaning these days... think it freaks him out when I wake up in the middle of the night nearly screaming because of poxy leg cramps.. but think he's used to it now..He'll get a bit of a shock when I go into labour i think :winkwink:

I take it back about my husband, he's just ordered me off to the kitchen to make him a coffee:growlmad: :rofl:

mine just acts like im a hypercondriac....i can see him rolling his eyes as if to say oh its her again

ROLF Snowball!

Um he is good at rubbing my feet and back unless it interfers with his "game time haha"..... but I have not gotten pains as you described yet.

I moan so much mine ignores me now. I have to address him directly.

Mine asks if i'm ok if i make any kind of a moan - plus i am not allowd to do ANYTHING!!! i picked up our nephew (who's 3) today and he was like "Jo what are you doing?!" - I bent my knees properly and everything - i had to ask him what he expected every other pregnant mom in the country who has a toddler what he would expect them to do, just ignore the child for 9 months?!? lol

mine hasnt been like that yet but then i havnt really had any moments to make him jump...im sure i will make up for that soon lol
I like to do a lot around the house so no chance of me resting, i cannot sit down for more than 10 mins without hoovering/washing etc lol, lets hope i dont have a section!!!

The only time mine responds to my pain, is when I wake up in the night screaming about cramp.. bless him, he has this trick, I have NO idea what it is that he does, but he does something to my ankle/achilles heel area and it gets rid of the cramp instantly. Its amazing, and by far the best trick he can do!!

Other than that, any time I moan or groan all he does is say "are you having a baby?" and I say no, and he says "well it cant be that bad then" and thats all I get.

I think my husband just shakes his head while thinking of something completely different while i moan and groan which sometimes pisses me off cuz i wish he could take over for a day and see how it really is lol

My OH is calm when I am in pain but I can see in his eyes that he worries so much about me. But I know him very well. He just wants me not to worry about him too.

Mine has been pretty jumpy from the start as we were very afraid of an MC (got us so long to get pregnant that we still quite can't believe it's really happening). Also, I get pretty bad leg cramps when I just start screaming.

He doesn't respond anymore to mild "ah" and "oh", but if I make a bit more noise (like slight scream and moan cos of my SPD) he does jump up... Unfortunately his jumping up doesn't do much good in a way, that I need physical support much more then mental one. (if it makes sence)

Ahh bless! Mine just worries, sometimes to the point when it annoys me. Since baby has engaged (been only 2/5 palpable since week 36, git!!) ive had non stop pain in pelvis, shooting pains and it hurts when i open my legs too much and sometimes if we are walking somewhere i have to stop as i get shooting pain and he sometimes keeps nagging me to go home and rest and i dont want to cause im so bored at home!!

It's weird seeing him worry so much!

generally speaking, my OH thinks I moan too much & tells me to get on with it, or to do something about it, lol. However, one night, I was trying to find my phone on the chest of drawers next to our bed & was making loadsa noise & knocking everything else off of it in the process. He was asleep, then all of a sudden, launched himself at me, grabbed me bear-hug style & said, 'baby I've got you!' He thought I'd fallen out of bed!!!! :rofl: Was kinda cute to see him react like that, but at the same time, I couldn't stop laughing. Bless him.

Yeah, OH is pretty considerate with all my aches and pains. He always askes if I am okay. I got lucky and he cleaned my bathtub last night! SO he is pretty darn good to me. :wedding:

Whats SPD? x

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

In one sentence it is a crappy pain in your pelvis which leaves you in agony and gets worse towards the end of the pregnancy.

My DH never really cares when I'm moaning about aches and pains etc.

However, tonight I have been suffering from my SPD and I suddenly got a sharp shooting pain in my pelvis which made me gasp a bit (not in agony gasp, just an uncomfortable gasp). Straight away he was asking what was wrong. I told him it was pelvic pain, he said, 'oh ok' and carried on typing on his laptop lol.

It's weird seeing him worried about twinges I get as he's so not normally like that. Has anyone elses OH become more like that?

Nope, my OH isn't really phased by anything... I think it's funny but I can be holding my bump and breathing funny cause of a movement he made that is uncomfortable and OH doesn't say anything... I think he thinks just cause I'm about 30weeks, he's still in the clear for a while so he doesn't react. He's not a heavy reactor regardless, as he knows if something was wrong I'd say so, he wouldn't have to ask... but on the days/times that I wake up in the night and am sitting up in discomfort, he wakes up asks me whats wrong and cuddles me back to sleep... I like his concern and am glad he doesn't overly worry... I think if he worried more it would make me uneasy- his relaxation helps me cope with things easier, he's my rock when I'm swaying in the wind. It's a good balance... I can't wait to see him on THE day though, I bet he will be unglued... he hates to see me cry, especially when he can't fix it, so it should be a hoot to see him all worked up!!:haha:

i make something for my husband while he comes back from job...after standing for hour in the kitchen i feel like to lay down on bed due to pain in my back...my oh comes and say why dont u take rest and he rubs my back..tthen i say him plz dont worry i m ok..then he goes to take shower:dohh:...:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->