• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Doesn't like porridge or baby rice ??

rach321

Reaction score
Anyone else have a baby that doesn't seem to like porridge or baby rice ? Been trying them for the last week or so and he just pulls a face and spits them out so today I tried some carrot and he eats that just fine ? Any suggestions ? Shall I keep trying the porridge?

What age of a baby?

If it's a younger baby it could be that they don't like any sort of solid food in their mouth so maybe wait a while and try again. My baby put food in his month from 4 months but didn't eat it until nearly 6 months.

I started Savannah on solids at 5.5mths and I started her on potato with breast milk. Skipped rice, porridge and all the store bought stuff.

He's just coming up to 5 months - shows most of the signs of being ready so I thought I'd give it a go! Just expected him to spit everything out though - but for some reason he keeps the carrots! Will try him every few days since he's waking loads at night now and has been for a few weeks so I don't think its a growth spurt.

jack didn,t like porridge or baby rice so i tried him with a free packet of breakfast fruit & yoghurt from heinz & he loves it so i went to tescos the weekend & brought 2 boxes . xx

You could try some baby oatmeal instead :) and mix some fruits in with it

Had some banana mushed up with a bit of formula today and that went down ok. Also tried the BLW approach and gave him a stick of banana to see what he'd do - went straight into his mouth and sucked it till it was mushy!! I'm only offering tastes of different things at the moment after his morning bottle just so he gets used to sitting at the table with us for breakfast in his high chair - but seems to be going ok so far - will give the porridge with fruit bits in it another go.

Rebecca was the same, didnt like either but found out she likes the bannana cereal and the pear and apple one by cow and gate ( I think?) she has gone from spitting the rice out to actually opening her mouth for the other stuff now.

I'm also trying the BLW

Ellie wasnt a fan of either until i put some raspberries in it she loves it now. The other cereals are nice id give them a go.

The Cow & Gate Fruity Muesli was a hit with my wee one. He was never keen on the rice or porridge either when he started eating baby food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"