Dog stepped on my belly!!!

TigerGalLE

It's a BOY!
Reaction score
This may sound silly. But this morning my 65 lb German Shorthaired Pointer jumped up onto the bed and stepped right on my lower abdomen. It hurt!! And then I cramped for about 5 minutes afterwards. I continued to lay there and my husband brought me a big glass of water.

Cramping has subsided. No bleeding. But I'm scared!!

I had almost exactly the same thing happen today, my cat was running around the bedroom and jumped on my belly while I was asleep, I woke up and screamed at him. I cramped for a few minutes but no blood as far as I know either. I'm just going to relax and take it as a good sign :) (I'm also sleeping on my side from now on I think)

Your uterus is VERY strong and made to protect baby from a lot more than a 65 lb dog. I was in a car accident once while pregnant and my belly slammed into the steering wheel (I sit close lol). I freaked out and my doc explained it like that ;). Good luck!!

Your baby is deep down inside you, you should be fine. My dog likes to jump on me too but he's learning hes not allowed. Take it easy but im sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for your advise ladies, really made me feel better :thumbup:

Kitty - at 4wks your baby is well tucked in to your pelvis and will be safe - my cats frequently Launch onto my stomach in the night.

Tigar - i can't see your ticker to tell how far along you are but I'm sure the same can be said for you

I don't know why my ticker isn't working. But I am 7 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks for your reassurance!

I used to get worried like that during my third pregnancy 'cause my boys would climb all over me or would bump their heads against it while playing around but everything was fine. I had a healthy baby girl. And now she does the same with this belly lol.

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I’ve been kinda of achy today but no spotting or severe cramping. My dog has been sulking all day. I yelled when it happened and wouldn’t let him back on the bed. But I didn’t punish him too bad or anything. I think he can sense that he hurt me. No lie he has been sleeping in his crate instead of on the couch beside me... :( I’m not mad at him. Poor guy! Makes me feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"