Dogbert Just Gave Us A Heart Attack

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Had been up to see Mum and Dad tonight with Dogbert and she was really naughty (she had Roo for backup!) but absolutely fine.

Got home, I put some stuff upstairs, OH let her out in the back garden and I was just coming back down when she started making this horrific, squealing noise in the garden. I rushed out and OH looked like he was going to be sick and was shouting to call the emergency vets. She wasn't walking on her leg which had been broken and was howling and screaming for what seemed like ages.

Got the vets on the phone and sorts taking her down - £125 to walk through the door but thats another story.

Called the kennels, left a hysterical sounding message for Mark and Jane and suddenly, she is walking on it and goes to lay down. We had a good old poke around and she let us no problem. OH went to the kitchen and picked up some food and she was up and in there like a shot!!

Called the vets back and Mark has just called me and apparently muscle spasm and cramp is really common in greyhounds and especially after her op.....just no one mentioned it!! He also said that they are wimps so don't deal with any pain very well, and that my description of her sounding like she was being murdered sounded about right!!

So, she is now laying sound asleep happy as larry and we are both still trying to bring our heart rates down to something near normal....

God knows how we'll be when we have kids....!!

xxx

:hugs: am glad she is ok hun x

:hugs: So glad she's okay! What a terrible fright! Poor sweet Dogbert.
xxx

I've heard that Greys are total wimps lol. Glad she's ok.

Poor wimpy dog!

I stood on my poor boys poor once and he limped for 3 days. The only problem was that every time I looked away he changed which paw he limped on. Turned out he just enjoyed the sympathy!

:shock: Flipping heck! no wonder you nearly had a heart attack!

Glad he's OK :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"