Dogs and a baby?

Ashley9876

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ok so I have a question I have 2 dogs and I am WTT but I get anxious about how I will cope with 2 dogs and a baby!
My dogs are great and easy to look after but just worry that it's a lot to look after,
Like when I walk them, how will I walk them and push a pram, they are good on a lead so maybe over exaggerating but it still worries me a little, I am hoping to be NTNP in January with my first and I am excited about this,
So really just wondered if anyone has LO with dogs already, and how u coped, or anyone else feels like me?
Thanku

Hello

I have a 10 month old staffy when i gave birth to my daughter... I was nervous purely for the fact the puppy had all my attention and then had to share me.. But it was fine... She and my daughter are best friends.. With walking I used to just hold the lead as a bracelet and pushed the pram as you would.. the dog just walks along side you... It will be fine..

x

Aw thanku I am sure it will be fine, just worried a little I guess, yea I have a staffy and a bullmastiff so I'm sure they will be great,
Thanku again for the reassurance

Thats ok... They are fab dogs, and protective.. My staffy now (both child and dog are 5) sleeps next to my daughter when shes asleep... x

Kiwi_steph yea maybe try that with my friend at least walk with her and see what there like!? Mine are not really boisterous so I am lucky with that but my bullmastiff loves kids so much and gets a bit excited and he is the same size as most kids!! Lol
Mummyjade they are fab dogs couldn't live without them, I know they will be fine and I hope when I do have a baby that everything will work out the way it's supposed to be and I'm sure it will
Thanks guys that a lot of help

Just wanted to show you this... my son and my dog are best friends already :)

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/IMG_7567_zpsdbd852ee.jpg

Wherever I put Daniel down, Bailey will lie beside him and protect him. It melts my heart to see them together.

On the subject of prams and walks though, I always use a sling or carrier for our walks as I find getting a pram over a muddy field an absolute nightmare. I now babywear pretty much exclusively.

Hi purplespecs aw thanks for this, he is absolutely gorgeous and clearly has no fears of the dog which is great, yea was thinking this also that maybe wearing baby would be best, esp out on their good walks ie through fields and muddy places! It is lovely to see how well dogs get on with baby's as I think it's a small concern of my mums of how I will cope with everything and maybe it rubbed off on me a bit but I know we will be good!
Thanks again, and if anybody else has pics of their pups and bubs would be lovely to see! Thanku

I had a puppy and a baby at the same time which was crazy but fun! I use a sling for walks to carry my daughter in which is a great help.. And now have a toddler one as she is two!

Isabella and benji are great friends and he is really protective of her!

Xx

Haha true, my mum is not overly keen on the idea of baby's yet! But she knows I will do what I want! I have just bought I house with OH and we r getting keys 1st nov and it needs work so hopefully in for Xmas! Then baby making time hopefully! What is your time plan for things!? Have u got a ttc date!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->