Doidy cup & almost choking on food!

moondrops

Call me Sally!
Reaction score
Does anyone use one and has their LO learnt how to use it?

We've been using ours now at tea time for about 3 weeks now and she kind of laps from it like a cat would and doesn't get much as when she does get some in her mouth she spits it all back out, i'm just wondering whether to continue using it or to try her with a sippy cup for now?

Also she stuffs so much food in her mouth she almosts chokes, i tried her with brocolli and pasta today and she already was chewing a huge chunk of brocolli when she grabbed some pasta and tried to shove that in aswell! She then gagged, gagged and gagged again and i usually leave her as she sorts herself out but the food wasn't coming back out so i had to get her out and pat her back until it came out and she was sick along with it. Do you think it was just the brocolli that was stringy as she was fine with the pear i gave her afterwards and she's never really gagged before apart from on some cucumber which was really too hard for her to chew?

My LO uses a doidy cup but it took a good few months for her to drink properly from it. We used zippy cups as well but to be honest it's been a struggle to get her to drink from anything reliably!

My advice would be to persevere as I'm sure your LO will get the hang of it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->