Doing everything right !

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by ttc32, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ttc32

ttc32 Member

hi guys im new to this i've been trying to conceive for 4 months now. doing everything right. 1. trying during fertile week.
    2. using preseed lube
    3. checking mucus
    4 basal body temp
    5. been on prenatal vitamins
    but still nothing is there something i'm missing?

2. olivia4032

olivia4032 Member

I feel the same way.... technically 4 months is nothing but it feels like forever.

Are you doing a opk? I did a 20 day opk this month and found out I ov on day 19/20 vs. the day 14 that I assumed.

Good luck!

3. Stinas

Stinas Twin Mommy!

Using OPK's help a lot. I am irregular and would never ever know when I ovulate if it was not for those things. I use Clear Blue Digital. More expensive, but you dont have to do the guessing game.

4. prepping

prepping Well-Known Member

I go with the odds. There's a 20% chance of getting pregnant with each cycle (when you're healthy and in your 20s)... this means that taking at least five months before becoming pregnant is considered to be pretty "normal". I know it's difficult, but try to stay positive and relaxed about the whole thing. Even if it takes twice as long, the time elapsing right now will not be noticed in the slightest when your LO starts getting older. What's the real difference having a teenager born in February compared to one born in October of the same year?

(this is what I tell myself at least in preparation just in case) GL!

5. Lisa_84

Lisa_84 Well-Known Member

That's a great way to look at it. I wish it didn't feel like ten years anyway ;)

6. ttc32

ttc32 Member

thanks guys , I did go on ebay and buy 50 ovulation test strips i'm hoping they work for next month. or should i buy the clear blue one intead this is all new to me this is my first time trying to be a parent

7. olivia4032

olivia4032 Member

the clear blue digital is great.... either you get an empty circle or a smiley.

i bought the 20 day kit on amazon for $25.... the prior month, i paid $25 for a 7 day at walmart.