Doing roast potatoes in same tray as chicken?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Does anyone do this and if you do, do you just cut them up and put them beside the chicken?

My mum par boils them first... Then she drains them in her collander and shakes them about so they get some rough edges and then puts them in, they cook lovely...

how long does she put them in for? 45 mins or so?

She boils them for 10-15 minutes and then puts them in the oven for 40 minutes..

Yep. They taste lovely too. I don't boil them first though. :flower:

I put the chicken on the tray and cover with foil and cook in a pre-heated oven for 30 mins.
Par boil potatoes during this time.
The get the chicken out, uncover the foil, put the potatoes around the chicken and then pop back in the oven for an hour so both chicken and potatoes are crispy.

thanks lellow i shall try it later :D what C at?

It's against the law to not do roast potatoes with the meat.. Sooo much nicer that way!! Par boil for 5 mins then shake them up with the lid on then oven for 50 mins at least!! I'd take the meat out 10/15 mins before to rest it then carve it up or the rest of the stuff gets cold while your faffing!

Yum can I come for dinner :flower:

Just a bit, you must be pretty tired now and are cooking roast dinners :wacko::haha:

Do you have any recent bump pictures on here *off to stalk*

not had one in ages and prob wont for another ages lol!

I have one in 3rd tri bumps, prob near the front cos i only posted a day or 2 ago.

I just saw, its gorgeous :flower:

i think hes mainly hiding in my ass :rofl:

I usually don't parboil my potatoes. I use smaller, new potatoes, that cook quicker, OR I chop my potatoes into quarters and scatter them around the chicken. I LOVE when they soak up the juices, *nom* :D

I bake my chicken at 180C for 50 minutes to 1 hr+15 mins depending on if I've cut the pieces or not. I put the potatoes in at the beginning and they're just fine

well it was lovely :) not as good at christmas goose fat ones but way healthier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->