Dollar store tests...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by mandaa1220, Dec 24, 2009.

1. mandaa1220

mandaa1220 Well-Known Member

How reliable are they... I figured you ladies would probably know best. Can I trust them or should I just go out and get an $8 test from another store?

2. Zoe_puppy

Zoe_puppy TTC#1

hi mandaa,
    Ive tried them (only got BFNs) which were accurate. I know that the ones that I have bought here in canada are actually really sensitive. They say on the package that they are 20ug, which is as good as the brand names or better, but im not sure trustworthy they actually are. Mabye good for a "guilty pleasure" type test LOL. but I would def. back up any BFP with a Dr's test or a well known brand.

I would suggest maybe asking the ladies on the pregnancy or parenting forums here instead since you may get more responses. There are probably more ladies who have had BFPs there then us "TTCers"

3. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Worked fine for me. Just make sure to use it in your first morning pee. I wasted an expensive one cause I didn't think that made a difference!

4. mandaa1220

mandaa1220 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls... why is it that you should use first morning pee - at night could you get a fake BFN?

5. moochacha

moochacha LTTTC - Mum to Cody (11)

What about cheap OPK? I keep getting negatives but my cm and cervix placement tells me otherwise?

I've been doing everything right, not drinking two hours before hand, testing around 2pm everyday for the last 5 days. Actually I'm turning obsessive and i test about three times everyday. :p

6. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

The HCG is strongest in the morning, everything after that becomes diluted. I got a *week* of BFN's by using these tests in the afternoon - even at the doctor's office! I finally waited until the morning and got a BFP! I got at least 3 or 4 false BFN's *after* my BFP from not using it in the morning.