Dollar Tree POAS Challenge

babifever

Reaction score
So a few of the girls I chat with have been using the dollar tree tests, with and without success. More success than not. Not saying they bring luck or anything of the sort. but I just want to track the data. Plus there only $1, why not!!! So I thought I would do a "Dollar Tree POAS Challenge".

I will start at DPO8 and use a total of 3-6 tests. Anyone is welcome to join me if you want, I just ask you use the following method: Test DPO8, DPO9, DPO10, and day after AF is suspected; the rest is up to you - for me DPO11 is AF. Therefore if she doesn't come I will test the day after DPO12, then a week later and a week after that. Its only necessary to follow the first four steps I'm using, everything else is your discretion. Of course if AF comes you would stop.

so that's DPO8, 9, 10 and day after AF.

Basically I just want to see the changes in the line density and record my symptoms closely.

I ask that if you want to join, add a title to each post including your name, and cycle/or dpo day.
Let the challenge begin!

FYI: this is my first and last cycle for a while, I don't temp, not taking any supplements other then gummie biotin and gummie prenatals, we basically dtd everyday. Will post the chart soon.

Attachments

• WP_20140901_001.jpg
    WP_20140901_001.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 54
Most of the Ovulation calculators said I ovulated either Aug/31 or September 2, or somewhere in between. Last month I believe I felt ovulation on CD24, so that's this Thursday 9/4/14 (this cycle). As of now that's what my ticker suggests. I have a 35 day cycle.

I used the Dollar Tree Ovulation Test on 9/1/2014, attached are the results. I will check again on 9/3/14. I also took a pregnancy test on 9/2/2024 which was negative, of course, but just apart of my data, ha, ha.

Attachments

• 5e388206-9559-4cf0-8d31-173cc8f3f726_jpeg.jpg
    5e388206-9559-4cf0-8d31-173cc8f3f726_jpeg.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
  • f971bda4-f174-4f03-a00d-1fc2e0590dac_jpeg.jpg
    f971bda4-f174-4f03-a00d-1fc2e0590dac_jpeg.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
Sounds fun! I wanna play, lol
Your OPK looks dangerously close to positive ;)

EWCM update: Today it was (low-medium) sticky and white. All cycle long it has been watery and clear. Never paid attention to this before this cycle.

I would've joined :)
Here were my 8 dpo then 10 dpo. I did a 12 dpo one yesterday and it has been Progressing nicely but I stopped taking pics :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 87
Tomorrow is my day of AF, do you want me to take a test day after that to show it?

I went through a bag full of those leading up to my BFP. Those test were showing me faint lines before the First Response Early Detection test that cost an arm & leg.

With me, my lines kept showing up after the allotted time frame (I have a thread about it) and each day the time for the line to show up had shortened BUT still outside the allotted time frame. The day expected period it finally showed inside the time frame which led me to buy the digital and FRER to have cute keepsake pictures.

If I ever try to get pregnant again (probably not since I'm pregnant with my third) I will definitely stock up on the New choice dollar tree brands again.

Good luck!!!!!

P.S remember, again, with these cheapie test, if the line shows up AFTER the time limit, you're not out yet.

I would've joined :)
Here were my 8 dpo then 10 dpo. I did a 12 dpo one yesterday and it has been Progressing nicely but I stopped taking pics :)

Jules you can still join, just back date your posts and add the pics you got, I got the 8DPO from you love, LOL

Okay so its CD23 or maybe DPO1 or not? Either, or, I have 13 more days left before the witch is scheduled to arrive. So I'm within my two week wait. Having a long cycle makes you over lap.

so I took a O test Monday. Some were not too convinced it was all the way positive, but I now think the differ (take a look). I tested one day apart, today, and what do you know, its lighter. I will also test again Friday. I can only presume that on Tuesday it would have been lighter than Monday....
or maybe darker??

I understand these things only give a open window of 12-36 hours....

so maybe if I would have tested Sunday it would have been extremely dark? Either way that sets me at ovulating anywhere from sunday to possibly even Friday, ya think?

I will say I haven't felt the very sharp pain yet and my boobs are not tender like they usually are by now. I'm almost predicting I may be ovulating a day late, so maybe Friday, instead of Thursday?

I'm getting nervous, I may have already O, who knows! thank goodness we have been dtd everyday. I just keep thinking, did all of "it" say in? Did I hold my legs up long enough? Should we have dtd again on Monday night? We had already done it like 1:00 am that morning and then like 2:00 pm....I figured my dh needed to restock ya know. Well, here goes the worrying!!!!

Attachments

• WP_20140903_005.jpg
    WP_20140903_005.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 82391058-245d-406a-8fd8-dfc9904c809e_jpeg.jpg
    82391058-245d-406a-8fd8-dfc9904c809e_jpeg.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 8
Now I'm reading a faint line on an OPK is always negative. Now I'm even more confused! And to add, I was suppose to start testing 18/19 cycle day. I started on day 21. So today was definitely negative. Monday was damn close, if not positive. So could Sunday or Tuesday have been the day.....

Haha yes, I think Tuesday you would've gotten the full positive opk, making today Ov day then tomorrow 1 dpo. That's why I suggested you test twice on Tuesday to see.. But you didn't test at all! Lol. Smh!
Anyhow I would start estimating tomorrow as 1 dpo and you start your tww. Make sure to dtd tonight!!

you yourself said said that you think you ovulated on cd 24 last cycle.... Seems like all the pieces of the puzzle fit since today's is negative.

Haha yes, I think Tuesday you would've gotten the full positive opk, making today Ov day then tomorrow 1 dpo. That's why I suggested you test twice on Tuesday to see.. But you didn't test at all! Lol. Smh!
Anyhow I would start estimating tomorrow as 1 dpo and you start your tww. Make sure to dtd tonight!!

dont say I told you so, lol. But seriously I think Monday was the day, in person the lines were almost exactly the same. Also, I'm counting myself already in the 2WW technically because AF is 13 days away....right?

Haha you keep asking me what I think, you know what I think! I think Mondays was "almost" positive, indicating it would've been just as dark as control on Tuesday. Then lightening by today...which it did. Even if You would like to consider Monday the pos opk, that's fine, then ov day would be tues, then today 1 dpo.
You know I love ya, I'm just trying to help.
Start testing 8 dpo ( don't expect anything that time though) and hopefully two lines will appear by 10 dpo :)

I will join you! I am 7dpo today, so i will run and get some cheapies tonight and start tomorrow! I said i wouldnt test till the day of or the day after af but i guess i just wont start taking anything i read seriously untill those days since things can still happen, i just like doing these kinds of things lol

Im using the wal mart cheapies. Ill join. Will start tomorrow.

Ok ill start today lol. Bfn of course.

Attachments

• 20140903_194529.jpg
    20140903_194529.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 17
Ok ill start today lol. Bfn of course.

Baby love is it 7, 8, 9 DPO? Also is that test from the dollar tree, looks like WalMart brand, just being curiosity. I noticed dollar tree carries another brand besides "new choice" I seen them on the end caps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->