Doner egg help needed…decisions to make

007bond

Reaction score
:happydance: Hi ladies,

Hope somebody can offer some advice…

My story in a nutshell is, I have had 2 failed ivf, which both times all my eggs ( 12 the 10) were all immature and non viable, I have been told I have egg quality issues and im very unique as both
Times there were no good and couldn’t do any insemination or transfers, they said my only hope for a child is egg doner  which im slowly coming to terms with. After having 9 months off im beginning to think about looking at pursuing it, but its so expensive, can anybody offer any advice? On how much it normally costs and has anyone gone abroad to use doner eggs which im also considering.

Any help and advce would be great!...thank u so much xxx

:happydance: Hi ladies,

Hope somebody can offer some advice…

My story in a nutshell is, I have had 2 failed ivf, which both times all my eggs ( 12 the 10) were all immature and non viable, I have been told I have egg quality issues and im very unique as both
Times there were no good and couldn’t do any insemination or transfers, they said my only hope for a child is egg doner  which im slowly coming to terms with. After having 9 months off im beginning to think about looking at pursuing it, but its so expensive, can anybody offer any advice? On how much it normally costs and has anyone gone abroad to use doner eggs which im also considering.

Any help and advce would be great!...thank u so much xxx

Hello 007bond, I am sorry that I can not give much advice. I also have low ovarian reserve and I am 41 so that also mean poor egg quality. I am currently doing my 2nd and final round of IVF. I do not have high hopes for it and I already asked my RE about the cost of DE. I was told that DE for a fresh cycle is around 20,000 with my RE. I have looked at other sites in my area at it was around 25,000. There are some centers that offer an egg sharing program. This program is where you and another recipient will share the cost and split the eggs of a donor. You can also look into programs that offer frozen eggs, this is much less expensive ( less than half the cost of a fresh cycle). I do not know of any one else that is going thru the process, so I would love to share this journey with you.

Hi
I am in UK and am pupo atm after a de cycle. I was also told my own eggs were not worth using after 3 disastrous cycles. We did an egg share cycle which was bfn last yr and have just done another one now. This cycle has probably cost us about £8000, I think the European clinics are cheaper but going abroad was not really an option with my job.

There is a thread on here with some amazing supportive women who are all going through de, inconceivable and beyond. Pop in and say hello.

Good luck.
Xx

007, where are you at? DH and I just got back from a DE cycle in the Czech Republic and our experience was amazing. For airfare (coming from Colorado, US), hotel, procedure, food, etc., we paid about $11k. When we were there, we chatted/had dinner with couples from England, Australia, South Africa, and Ireland.

If we had stayed in the States, we realistically wouldn't have done IVF for a loooong time, since they quoted us at about $40k.

You can check out more here about the clinic and coordinator we used (coordinator isn't necessary; you can contact the clinic directly.):

Reprofit

MyIVFAlternative

Hi 007,

I too am just back from Reprofit, Ceilani, we must have been there just after you (our EC was 9th, ET 14th). I hope you had a successful result, we're still in 2WW!
As Mrs G said there's a really good forum (search Inconceivable and beyond) where we're all using DEs.
Reprofit charge €4500 plus the cost of meds, your flight and accommodation. Costs when you are there are very cheap! Prior to that I have done egg sharing in UK. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->