Donor sperm or not???

clarkea

Reaction score
Hi,
Dilema going on here!
Ive had 2 cycles of icsi for hubbys sperm and both failed. We got loads of eggs both times but only 1 embryo the first time and 2 the second time.
My hubby has klienfelter syndrome which makes his sperm not great. Both time he had sperm retrieved.

Now, my dilema is... We have enough sperm for another full go of icsi
OR
We can go 50/50 which they will do icsi with hubbys sperm on half my eggs and the other half with donor sperm.

At first we thought great but now we have been told its up to 6 months to find the donor sperm. They wouldnt normally do icsi with donor sperm but as we would have icsi with hubbys sperm they might as well do it with ds.

We could start asap if we went all hubbys sperm but will have to wait if we do 50/50.
Im not sure whether to wait until the find ds and do 50/50 or start asap with full hubbys sperm.
We will be paying for a full go of ds and full hubbys even though we would only be using half!
Not sure what to do. If hubbys didnt work then we could do iui with ds which is cheaper anyway.

Any advice pleaseseeee. Xx

Thats a tough decision ,realistically if you repeat what you already tried ICSI with DH sperm you run the risk of the same outcome,
If you wait for 6 months for a donor you have a much better chance of it working but I understand not wanting to wait and your right you could do IUI with donor sperm. I think if it were my decision and if my husband was 100% on board with donor sperm I would wait and use the donor sperm or 50/50 as it would give the best chance of it working.

Thanks so much. Its nice just to get another opinion seeing as we wouldnt be telling anyone about ds so we only have each otger to discuss. We had a chat last night and have decided to go 50/50. Like u said, its a low chance it would work with only dh sperm so although its a longer wait, it the long term it will be worth it.

Thanks again xx

I totally understand wanting to keep it between you and OH , its often best that way, and I have a feeling the wait will be worth it in the end for you.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->