Donor sperm? Successes? Things you wished you knew?

Tristansmom

TTC #3
Reaction score
So I've just learned that the IUI we did using the last of the frozen sperm my partner banked before completing her gender transition from male to female was not successful. I honestly thought I would be ok with it - that if it was meant to be, it would be, and if not, then we'd be totally great with the awesome kids we have - but. I don't feel ok about it AT ALL. So I'm looking into donor sperm.

The process where I live is complex due to legislation and regulation, but my clinic has a great program to help me navigate that. My question is, has anyone had success with donor sperm? What was your experience? Tell me all th things!

Yeah we'd be through an RE to start with as that's how fertility treatment of any kind goes where I am. Thanks for sharing! <3

Yes we were successful! We had our daughter 2 years ago from donor sperm with IUI and we conceived after the 3rd cycle- the 2nd was a chem pregnancy and the 3rd stuck. She is absolutely amazing! Fast forward and for the past year we have been trying with multiple IUI cycles and I don't know if it is my egg quality that diminished or sperm quality is poor, but we have not been successful this time. We have decided to move on to IVF- my egg retrieval is tomorrow. And with donor sperm.

My husband has zero sperm- so this was our only choice and worth it to get our daughter. What our clinic says is that we know I can get pregnant and all my work up has been great and without problems so it's not me- other than it could be the egg quality or maturity or sperm. Hang in there! It is worth it when it happens and maybe a donor will have better quality? At least you can never regret trying with your partner and you did all you could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->