Don't forget suncream!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by bibswy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

I took Billie for a short walk the other day... she had a hat on and was in her carrier facing inwards with her head on my chest. When we got back home OMG her little cheeks were pink! I felt so bad.. I let my little baby get sunburn! It wasn't too bad and didn't seem to bother her but I felt awful. :cry: Now I've been out and got some baby sunblock.

I thought I'd share this to spare anyone else this guilt! Don't be fooled because its April and the sun doesn't feel that hot, or there's a cool breeze! Get sunblock and slosh it on thick!

2. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I agree! I took Helena out and it was grey and I had a hat on, but the next day she had a little tan (not a burn this time!)

3. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Brooke has had suncream on all week ... i got badly sunburnt when i wasnt much older than her so my mum always reminds me to put it on here :lol:

Isnt it expensive ... £10 a bottle!! jeeez!! I swear it only used to be about a fiver.

4. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i no its a rip of holly! good thread :D

5. Dani_b

Dani_b Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤

which sun creams are ideal for little ones?

6. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

Same thing happend to my friends LO the other day when we went out, Luckily Tye didnt get any sun burn i think maybe because he has darker skin but from now on im keeping suncream in my changing bag!

& Yes holly its bloody expensive, Superdrug have buy one get one free at the moment though!

7. sparkle

sparkle Wife, Mumma....

Boots has buy one get one free too atm!

8. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

im due in july so do you reckon i should get some sun block in now? can you use it on newborns?

i wont be exposing her to the sun but maybe its better to be safe than sorry??

i know i sound really silly but ive had 2 winter babies so i really dont know what to do with a summer baby :dohh:

9. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

yup always put cream on then, they are sooo sensitive! x

10. isil

isil Well-Known Member

I've been putting it on Alasdair all week...and I've been getting more and more sunburnt all week!

Nikki, Ally was a July baby and I found it quite difficult to get a suncream suitable for newborns and in the end it was so cold anyway that he didn't actually need it! It rained the first time I took him out!!! Might be different this year obviously but maybe you could wait and see?

11. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

I bought one from tesco thats on offer at the mo... Banana Boat Baby Block SPF50. I think it was around a fiver :)

12. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

Asda do great kids suncream

A mini bottle which is ideal for your changing bag is £1

13. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

i did remember reading somewhere that sunblocks werent recommended for newborns but not sure if they have changed, maybe best just to keep out of the sun! thanks x

14. leedsforever

leedsforever Kerry!

yep we have an ambre solais one for kids factor 50+ oh its fun putting it on :rofl:

but in spain it was an essential!!

15. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

50+ is advised, i bought mine from savers for £1.99.

I know they have it in home bargains etc

16. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

:hugs:

It happened to Lexie at the begginning of this week when we went to the park. I forgot to put her hat on ! :o And she got sunburnt on her cheeks , and arms. I smothered her in Sudacrem when we got home. I totally didn't think about suncream, with rushing around getting her bag ready. I still feel guilty for forgetting her hat and putting suncream on her. I have learnt my lesson ! Naughty mummy. I have since had suncream in her bag (Just incase)! - I never expected it to get so warm so it did'nt cross my mind. Poor thing.

17. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

I have some Ambre Solar for Oliver, but I am so petrified of using it. I have a severe sun tan lotion allergy and have been hospitalised twice with it so far. I think I'm going to have to get hubby to put it on him. I'm not so worried about it flaring up on me, but the same reaction happening to Oliver. Don't wnat to make my poor baby that poorly, yet it's far better than skin cancer in later life :dohh:

18. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

I have a bottle of waterproof stuff for swimming, an everyday one and a stick for the face, they are so expensive though! the stick was only $6, $10-12 for the tubes though and they aren't that big.