Don't get out enough

S

Shifter

I've had this from both my parents today, independently of each other. They both think I don't get out enough. My mum informed me after chatting with the nosy neighbour over the road that she also thinks I don't get out much!

I'm sorry. I thought that about twice a week was pretty good considering I have a 3 and a half week old baby, PND and am recovering from a c-section and infection! We live on a steep hill so going out for a walk beyond the end of our drive is a pretty epic journey. I walked around the block with the pram yesterday, involving going both down and back up this hill and couldn't sit or stand up without nearly fainting with pain for two hours afterwards.

Am peed off :hissy:

Sorry, just needed to rant.

((((Hugs))))
Just go at your own pace - I found it hard enough getting out of the house and I didn't have a c-section! It will take a while to recover from your section - why not invite a few friends over and have a picnic in the garden (if you have one) since the weather is nice - fresh air will do you and the baby good! Or ring round a few friends and get them to come and pick you up and go to theirs for lunch or a coffee ?

Thanks :) picnic in the garden is a good idea - keep the nosy neighbour happy :rofl:

i hardly go out either, when do you go out? between feeds? how do you feed and change baby when out shopping etc?! i worry about it so just dont bother :dohh:

little bit at a time eh! at your own speed hun xx

OMG, I had a c-section and an infection etc. and when Elyse was that age I was still laying around the house feeling sorry for myself.. so I'd say you'e doing pretty well!

Thanks guys. It's just weird that it came up today, after I have been out four of the last six days :dohh:

My dad rang to ask if they'd come across as nagging after they realised they'd both brought it up today! I said yes lol! Bless him. They both mean well.

i think you're doing great honey! i too had a c-section, infection and pnd, and it takes time to heal, do it at you're own pace :hugs: x x

:hug::hug:

i didnt have a section but didnt go far for first two weeks cos of my stitches :( even then tht was always with oh..

i go out every other day roughly now.. and thts usually just to the town and back...

take it at yr own pace hun xxx

Ignore em Holly, I dont get out much either, out of choice at the mo. Its such a pain with all the organising and bags and I am knackered most of time so I like to stay in house cuddled up to Caine with my pjs on. SO what, there is plenty of time for walking and shopping!!! :hugs:

:hug: It sounds like you are doing well to get out twice a week! It's hard to get out with a 3.5 week old and I didn't have a section or infection........just the baby was enough to make going out a huge chore!

Twice a week is great! I didn't bother going anywhere the first 2 weeks, couldn't be bothered getting everything organized, plus breastfeeding (and major leaking) and recovering from stitches. I just started taking walks around the block this week since the weather got nicer.

Everything at your own pace, there's plenty of time to do stuff. Right now it's time to get adjusted and to rest as much as possible (although it seems impossible) The picnic idea is great but tbh, I personally can't even bother having friends over right now. Everything is still so new that I need time to settle in and not have to entertain.

I had a c-section and am living away from my family. I didn't get out properly for months! I wanted to stay in though and loved being on my own with my little fella. It's time we'll not get back. I hated the idea of breastfeeding and worrying about stuff when out so just stayed in lots and tried to recover. Do you're own thing and don't let anyone upset you!

Neighbors are so stupid...the lady across the street told me I had to give my baby milk. Milk. As opposed to what? Whiskey?

You're doing really well. I barely went out for ages after mine was born. It seemed such an epic task inbetween breast feeds (when he was feeding pretty much 24/7 around the clock) and douching myself 'down there' when I was in agonising pain!

You'll soon feel more able and confident and will get out more. As everyone says above, take it at your own pace. It's not like the baby is 18!

XX

You're doing just fine, I didn't get out much for the first few months and I had a normal birth, 1 stitch and recovered fairly well lol. Sounds like you're doing great to me.. it's normal for your mum to worry about you, don't let it get to you. :)

All suggestions that I need to get out more have dried up now that my wound is infected again :rofl:

I wouldn't listen to them. Only you know what is good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->