don't judge me!!

coolbabe843

Reaction score
I am struggling to stop smoking! I dont know what to do, I need help! I dont want to be put down because of it due to knowing I need to quit and I tried to cold turkey but couldnt seem to do it...does anyone have any good ideas or tips to help because I really want to quit!

I'm the same, I've smoked for years. My midwives have always told me to cut down but don't just quit when your pregnant as it puts added stress on you and your baby. Have you thought of tge e cigs? I know they still.contain nicotine but not as much x

I smoked for years and last year I did the nhs quit smoking thing. I used the patches and inhalators and I've been smoke free for a year. I never imagined I could do it but I did. Xx

My mother, sister and her husband successfully stopped within 3 weeks of using a vaporizer that slowly weaned them off the Nikotin.

I don't think anyone will judge you honey, because your trying.
I managed to wean myself off cigarettes without any extra help, but I consider myself lucky, I was able to give or take smoking and I was never a 20 a day anyway
Good luck, my husband stopped after the birth of our son with e cigarettes, nicolites
And everything else had failed him x

I found out I'm preg about 2wks go... I was a 2 pAck a day smoker. I've been cig free for 2 days now. I did it by cutting down each day until I got down to 3 a day. The next day I woke up and didn't have a cig. Every time I crave I tell myself "if ur still craving in 1 hour u can have a cig" by the time the hour comes around the craving has passed. It's the hardest thing In the entire world but u can do it, u just literally have to make it the most important thing

I quit smoking about 7 years ago, granted I wasn't pregnant, but I didn't just go from my 15/20 a day habit to none, I slowly cut back until I was on about 2 a day then went from there. Was at least two months, maybe a shy less from my cutting back to none at all. I can't even stand the smell of someone who has recently smoked these days.

I know there is the hype of e-cigarettes at the moment, but considering the lack of research into long term effects (not enough time has gone by) I'm not sure that I would recommend them. I personally don't know a single person that has truly given up using them, over half of them went back to cigarettes and the rest have been using them as a replacement for over a year and puffing on those more than they ever did cigarettes. Of course that's just my experience of them.

I really do think that quitting smoking is harder than having a baby, so I'm always impressed when someone can kick the habit. So whichever way helps you, good luck.

I don't think anyone will judge you Hun, as you're trying and recognising that you should quit. With my son I cut down on smoking as soon as I found out an finally stopped having any when I was around 10-11 weeks pregnant.
I wouldn't go cold turkey, but cutting down definitely helps.
It's all about will power and trying to take your mind off of it.
I find if I can wait later and later for the first fag of the day, then I smoke less. Every time I want one I'll tell myself to wait a bit longer, say after lunch, or after dinner, then that helps. Good luck and just try your best.
X

No judging no worries, you want to stop and if you make the effort you will be able to... I smoked and was able to stop my 2nd trimester of my first and like a dummy started up a couple months after I had her but not bad like I was in the past. I tried the prescription stuff, the patch, and vapor and still nothing worked. it took me to really look at my daughter and realize that I wanted to be around to see my grandkids and see her grow and live her life and any other kids I may have. So I set a date bought my last pack and just stopped. And to be honest I have not looked back. I have had too many family members die from environmental cancers and I don't want to have that fate. You will figure out what is best for you, its more mental then you think. Good luck keep us posted!!

I'm struggling to quit myself. i've cut back but havent been able to completely quit :/ it's really hard

I like the "if you're still craving it in an hour you can have one" mind set. I already try to wait as long as I can for the first cig of the day so I think this will help too

thanks everyone, I asked my doctor about the patch as I would give anything a shot and he said he cant recommend them or something like that and to try the blue ecig...I just want to quit period lol....I have smoked a few today already but gonna try to avoid going out for that cigg in a few...With my other two kids I smoked but only about 4 a day if that...I smoke more now then back then so its harder!

Quitting smoking is so hard- IT took me about 7 attempts over years before i gave up. Every-time I gave up I felt like I was being deprived of something amazing and lovely- how stupid I was- Funnily enough it was my boyfriend that wanted to finally quit and i thought I may as well try with him but didn't really want to at the time - this was 8 years ago. He bought the Allen Carr Easyway dvd and we watched it together and that was it- haven't smoked since. Not saying it will def work for you, but for £10 (price of couple packs of fags?) it is worth a go. Good luck- it is so hard but the reward from not being tied to smoking is amazing! also, I would try to avoid the times/places you would normally have one- if you have a smoke after lunch, then go for a walk instead etc etc. I found the 5th/6th day tricky but then I went for long walks in the fresh air.Good luck!!

I managed to quite smoking heavily using an e cig, I quite that because I got he flu and couldn't stand the flavours anything flavoured made me sick as though I'd eaten. The e cigs aren't for everyone but I'd recommend them, get patches and anything else you can think of. If you can't quit don't beat yourself up. My mum smoked when she was having me, a friend of mine recently smoked throughout her pregnancy and her baby is perfectly fine. Just try to cut down.

I quit 7 years ago. I started by switching to lighter cigs, then I poked holes in the filter so I was getting less and less. Then I started cutting down on the number/day.

My best suggestion is to change your routine. If you get up, have a coffee & a smoke then have a shower (or whatever) try to switch it: get up, shower, coffee- no cig, you smell so nice! Certain "routine smokes" are easier to change. My friend always smokes in her car and she drives a lot, it has become part of getting into the car for her, those will be the kind that are hardest to stop. Try gum or a hard candy or just allow that to be the last 1 or 2 that you quit.

If you can, avoid other smokers for the first 2 weeks, those are the hardest.

It's hard and you have to *really* want to, but you can do it. Good job asking for help. Good luck!

No judgement here as I've never been a smoker so I haven't a clue how hard it is to stop. I just wanted to wish you good luck and say that you are doing an amazing thing for your LO by trying to quit.

Quitting smoking is the hardest thing in the world so know you are not alone. When I found out I was pregnant I immediately cut down to about 3 smokes a day (from 20) and did that for a week, but each of those 3 smokes I felt so guilty and I thought if I have a miscarriage even though it wouldn't have been from the smoking I would always wonder if I didn't smoke would it have been different so I gave up just like that.

Stupid me though, after the birth I was totally overwhelmed by the whole thing and decided to have a smoke to calm my nerves. Now I smoke again!! Grrr

All you can do is try, find whatever works for you and give it your best shot! Good luck

Switch to vaping 1.2 or 1.8mg. I smoke since i was 11, quit in less than 24h with it. Strong battery, not the generic ones sold in gas stations.

Phone your midwife or doctors they wi refer you to someone ! They use co2 monitors which will help encourage you to stop :)

No judgement at all I've used ivf to get preg j continued to smoke I've only been able to stop last week because I am been sick so bad! Am nearly 8week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->