Don't know how I will get through today

sunshine114

Reaction score
Or this week... Sickness really kicking in now, still haven't really been sick but won't be long before I am. Am feeling totally exhausted, even thoughi spent the weekend on the sofa asleep. It's the last week of term, hopefully by the time I go back I might be over the worst of it, but don't know how I am going to cope with 29 excited children today, let alone teach them something useful!!

:flower:

You will get over this - I felt sick constantly all day long without actually ever being sick - from 6 to 13wks!!

I am a school teacher too- roll on this week-I finish up half-day next tuesday and thats me on maternity leave!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

No real remedies to pass on because nothing really helped for me but just try and take it easy and if you need a day off, take it! You're entitled to it. Just take it day by day love. You've still got a long ways to go til the nausea eases up (mine still hasnt) but it really will fly by. And Christmas break is just around the corner as well, so just count the days down to that. ****hugs*****

Sorry to hear you're feeling really ill. I have been having all day nausea since 5.5 - 6 weeks and for me I started vomiting around 8 weeks. I also have extreme exhaustion and also with work being unhelpful, I have taken a week off work. Remember, if you are sick, you are sick and if you cant go to work, take some days off. If you felt like you do now and weren't pregnant, would you be going into work? Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end :hugs:

sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.

I have had periods of nausea (have only been sick once) on & off but i have shear exhaustion to the point where i have actually said a few times now that i dont want to be pregnant anymore.

I know its hard & i dread to think what its like having a class full of children too but I have found that keeping busy does help. This weekend I have spent literally sat on the sofa doing nothing & I have felt soo much worse than when i'm at work. I have to keep constanly eating to keep my energy up, i have noticed that if i'm hungry i feel a lot lot worse. it doest help that i'm starving all the time but the way i feel does subside a little if i eat. Also, drinking plenty of water is helping too, keeping hydrated is giving me a bit more of an energy boost.

Just try to get through today. Eat light foods, and drink water or sports drinks. They helped me have that little energy push.
If you feel horrid tomorrow, dont go to work. Your just gonna suffer. xxxxxx

Or this week... Sickness really kicking in now, still haven't really been sick but won't be long before I am. Am feeling totally exhausted, even thoughi spent the weekend on the sofa asleep. It's the last week of term, hopefully by the time I go back I might be over the worst of it, but don't know how I am going to cope with 29 excited children today, let alone teach them something useful!!

Just wanted to say you have my every sympathy! I too am a teacher. I teach 24 year 2 cherubs and they are so excited about Christmas. Must confess i took in a stash of DVDs to school today so I can die quietly in a corner! I've been sick 5 times today and when I'm not throwing up I feel like I'm about too. Party day on Thursday and really not sure how I'll cope with having to look at and smell all that food :-(

Thanks for the replies, we have party on Wednesday but have lots of parents to help. DVD tomorrow afternoon. You're right, keeping busy has actually helped, lunchtime was the worst! Fingers crossed I will feel a bit better tomorrow x

So glad to hear from other teachers that are not feeling in the Christmas cheer way like usual! I normally love this time of year, but have to admit to being a ba humbug today and setting my year 8's an end of unit test! Just couldnt face their excitement after making Christmas cards with another class and feeling so exhausted at the end of it! Plus, my room was a mess! I feel even more sorry for you guys with younger ones, at least mine aren't as hyper!!!
Hope you all feel less exhausted soon!! And just think, the hols are upon us! Woohoo!!
:hugs:
xxxxx

I thought at the age of ten they wouldn't be quite so excited! But no, we have had debates about whether father Christmas is real and all sorts!

try some sea sickness bands, they have really helped me xx

That's a good idea, I used to have them when I was little and got car sick. I didn't think of that! Thanks x

We'll get through this! :hug:

My MS started a week ago and I have a terrible aversion to foods that I eat regularly. All I can seem to eat are saltines, white rice, fruit, and ginger soda.

I've been throwing up 2-3x per day. I have my first doctor's appt on Friday and am going to ask for some medicine because I can't function like this at work.

Today I had to buy more prenatal vitamins after work. I sat in the Walgreen's parking lot trying not to puke. I ended up going home, puking and went back to Walgreen before it got worse again!!

I'm exhausted too - can't seem to get anything done!

Anyway, I keep telling myself it won't last forever, it's worth it, and I'm not the only one. :)

Sea-bands are my saviour!!!! OMG the OH bought me some last nite and although I don't feel normal I do feel much much better than I did yesterday! Fingers crossed it continues!!

Yeh, i dont know if seabands work or not but I've been wearing them everyday since week 8 and even if its just a psychological thing.... i think they do help a little bit, but not completely. I've been sick when i had them on, and when i had them off... so who knows. They're a bit uncomfortable at first, but you soon get used to them.

ohh i can remeber those days!! i had terriable morning noon and night sickness and it continued up until 22 weeks, then once at 24 weeks. now in my last stages, i get nauseasa at night sometimes. the joys x

i'm right there with you (tho im not a teacher ;)) I have suffered since 8 weeks and although it may not sound like long to some people, I've litterelly been laid up and not able to move from sickness... I can totally relate to your post.
APPARENTLY it eases when the placenta takes over, which for me should be between now and next week. We shall see I guess...
Feel better soon xx

I feel for you!

I just completed my final teaching practise and got my BFP on the last week. I said I would have left and completed it once the baby was born, if I found out i as pregnant earlier in the teaching phase.

Ms has just kicked in this week, but I have it all day. Me and the toilet are becoming quite good friends.

I work part time to make some money and even ended up ringing in sick as im too ill. spent yesterday on the sofa, but today i need to visit family. Think i may invest in some sickness bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->