dont know how to said this...

miel

Married to an amazing guy
Reaction score
but did you breastfeed not because you wanted to but because your husband/hubbie wanted you too ?

Daniel and i ...we are not fighting over this but we do have a lots of talk about it ...he wants me to BF and i am not into it really...:(

i said it's my body /my boobs he said it's his baby food...:)...

do i force myself to do something i am really not into it ?

where you in that situation where you did not want to but try the BF and enjoy it afterward ?

You need to do what is right for you hun not anyone else, formula is perfectly fine for a baby, there is absolutely nothing wrong with formula and if you feel you don't want to breastfeed then that is fine, don't feel forced into it, an unhappy mummy makes an unhappy baby. Your husband should be supporting whatever choice you decide, it's really lovely that he feels positive about breastfeeding but if it isn't for you then don't make him force you.

I have never been into BF it doesnt work for me but exlusivly expressing does though hard work ...Maybe tell him u will see how u feel when time comes ? maybe soon as u give birth your feelings will change u wont know how u feel until the time is here if that makes sense ? good luck xx

I BFed for the first 2 weeks. But only because my ex badgered me about it from the minute we found out I was pregnant. I never wanted to do it but I tried it and it wasn't for me. At the time I thought he was saying it so that he didn't have to do any night feeds but he didn't ever do any when I switched to formula lol Everyone is different though but I would go with what you want, not your OH. At the end of the day, it's your body so it's your decision :)

I think it's always worth trying so you know whether or not it's for you. At the end of the day though, they're your boobs and it's your body so your decision. Your LO will be well fed no matter if you bf or ff. :thumbup:

It felt really natural to me the first time around so with the 2nd baby, I was determined to go for longer. Both my children seemed to gain robust immune systems because of my breastfeeding. If you don't want to, I would say stand your ground and do what feels natural. It's not easy. IMO- you must really want to breastfeed to be successful at it.

Miel - I have to say that Jack and Daniel are so different here. Jack does not care if I breastfeed but not too long term. He always jokes with me that my boobs belong to him. :rofl:

I am not totally into the idea either as I have been very vocal about in my journal but I am going to try to breastfeed or express at least until he is 2 months and gets his first round of shots. After that we will see how it goes.

But, knowing your employment situation and things, if FF works for you, I say go for it. When Daniel sees that baby is just as healthy FF, he will be totally fine with it. :)

:hugs: There is always a compramise in every situation and im sure there is an answer that will present itself. I wonder if you could pump if you are not comfy with actually BFing....

:hugs:

Tell him that you appreciate his opinion, but in the end you are the one who has to do the work. You maybe willing to give it a go, you may not. You won't know till you try.

Luckily I did want to BF but my OH is very pro BF so god knows what would of happened if I hadn't wanted to.

I think we'd of had massive rows if I didn't try but I remember in the first week when I was struggling with it he kept saying if I wanted to stop he was fine with it.

I would say try it and if its not for you then switch to formula then your partner can't really moan at you then.

I do agree with it being your body but I do think that dads should have some input with feeding although ultimately the decision should rest with you.

Rich wanted me to but I didn't want to. When she was there though, on my chest.. I wanted to nurse her.

Keep your options open x

Jason didn't mind what we did - I wanted to BF from the minute we found out I was pregnant (even sooner lol I ALWAYS said if I ever had a child I would try to BF) so he knew this was what I'd do and he was fine with it.

He did ask me last week if I'd consider changing to FF as he was worried about me not having had any sleep cos baby was cluster-feeding (for 6 hours at a go one time) and I had gotten a bit teary over it and over the pain in my nipples but I told him I am determined to do it said 'The girls on BnB said itll get easier I'm sticking at it' so he supported my decision.

I'm so glad he did and that I didn't just give in - it's much easier now - JJ goes 2 hours between feeds and I'm loving BF

Whilst my OH has been fully supportive of what ever choice I made I also feel the Dad should also have input, after all, the baby is both of yours. Perhaps compromise. Don't make any hard and fast plans now, prepare for both methods of feeding and see how you feel once the baby is there, we did and you haven't said you definatley do ot want to BF. Either way you're prepared.

I think Daniel should respect your wishes - you have ur own views on bfing and if its not for you then he should respect that :) I would say perhaps do a compromise that you will try for a week and then tell him how you feel?

To be honest I think you'll just have to do what you feel when the time comes, and do whatever feels natural and comfortable, be it bfing or ffing. However, you can always try BFing, and if its not for you than you can easilty switch.. Easier that than the other way round. I'd hate for you to FF from the start and then later wish you'd given it a go... Not so easy to get back to BFing once you've already started with formula. You never know, you might just love it! :D xxx

I wasn't keen on breastfeeding when pregnant and had all the bottles etc ready. I decided to give breastfeeding a go when Alex was born and after couple of difficult days I find it easy & love it :)

It's up to you to decide which route you want to go and my mantra is : Happy mummy = happy baby, so do what you feel comfortable :) We have given Alex ebm and also tried formula once, just to make sure he's fine takin bottles too.

I did what was right for me and my baby and you need to do the same. See what happens when the time comes. :D

I started bf not because of anyone else thinking it was the "right thing to do" but because I thought it was. I didn't want to do it but I knew it was the best thing for Edward.

Little did I know that I would love it so much, even though we had a rough start. I am soooo glad I decided to do the "right thing" (in my mind) cause it ended up being the best thing for both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->