Don't know how to start

Syl

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
My LO will be 6 months next week and it's time for weaning I guess. But I have no idea how to start :nope: :shrug: I mean I do have ideas what food to start with but don't know how... She's been EBF on demand so we don't have any 'meal time routine' at all!!! I assume when I start introducing solids we should go into a sort of routine, right? But how do I start it? Do I set up say 5 meal times a day and after BF her should I offer her some solids? And after a while (how long is a while???) she can have only solids 3 times a day, and solids + breast milk in the morning and in the evening? What if she sleeps through a 'meal time'? I have to go back to work at the end of January so it'd be nice to be sorted by then so we have good 2 months. Anyone has been in similar situation, how did you manage to wean a little boobie monster :baby:?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you :hugs:

Hi hun firstly congrats for breast feeding for so long and for getting to 6 Months without solids it's not easy I can advise on traditional weaning, the best thing to start with is baby rice (if your baby will have it) it's very bland and as your baby is used to breat milk she might prefer porridge as it's sweeter. I would try in the morning when your baby is wide awake and bright. Probably about an hour after her milk feed as she won't be too full, don't try giving food if baby is really hungry as they won't want to know.

Mix 1 spoonful of rice or porridge with 6 to 8 spoonfuls of BM and mix to a purée add more rice or porridge if it's to watery. Let baby lick the porridge of the spoon to get the taste then try putting the spoon in her mouth it may take a few try's before she Starts to open her mouth for the spoon, you could also let baby hold his own spoon whilst you are feeding him. I would do this for a week then start to introduce new tastes like apple, pear banana, avocado mango pureed with a spoonful of baby rice if you wish or just on their own. Once baby gets used to having breakfast the start to introduce a vegetable an hour after the lunchtime feed, the best veg to give your baby is carrot, sweet potatoe and butternut squash at further as they all have a naturally sweet taste. Give him a new taste a day but only try one new thing a day so you can pin point any allergies. Once you have introduced lots of different veggies and fruits you can Start mixing them together. Sweet potatoe and butternut squash, apple and pear, carrot and sweet potatoe, pear and butternut squash are brilliant. Then introduce a teatime feed then you are done you can then start having fun with finger foods such as cheese chunks, cucumber sticks, cooked vegetable sticks, hope I've helped good luck

Hi hun firstly congrats for breast feeding for so long and for getting to 6 Months without solids it's not easy I can advise on traditional weaning, the best thing to start with is baby rice (if your baby will have it) it's very bland and as your baby is used to breat milk she might prefer porridge as it's sweeter. I would try in the morning when your baby is wide awake and bright. Probably about an hour after her milk feed as she won't be too full, don't try giving food if baby is really hungry as they won't want to know.

Mix 1 spoonful of rice or porridge with 6 to 8 spoonfuls of BM and mix to a purée add more rice or porridge if it's to watery. Let baby lick the porridge of the spoon to get the taste then try putting the spoon in her mouth it may take a few try's before she Starts to open her mouth for the spoon, you could also let baby hold his own spoon whilst you are feeding him. I would do this for a week then start to introduce new tastes like apple, pear banana, avocado mango pureed with a spoonful of baby rice if you wish or just on their own. Once baby gets used to having breakfast the start to introduce a vegetable an hour after the lunchtime feed, the best veg to give your baby is carrot, sweet potatoe and butternut squash at further as they all have a naturally sweet taste. Give him a new taste a day but only try one new thing a day so you can pin point any allergies. Once you have introduced lots of different veggies and fruits you can Start mixing them together. Sweet potatoe and butternut squash, apple and pear, carrot and sweet potatoe, pear and butternut squash are brilliant. Then introduce a teatime feed then you are done you can then start having fun with finger foods such as cheese chunks, cucumber sticks, cooked vegetable sticks, hope I've helped good luck

Thanks VERY much for taking the time and send a long very helpful reply :hugs: I've been reading about TW and BLW and at first I'll probably go for TW and bit later change to BLW. The thought of choking on finger foods freaks me out, I am too scared to start with BLW:shrug: ANyway, thank you again for your help!!! :flower:

I know what you mean about BLW chocking is a big fear of mine which is why I have chosen traditional weaning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->