Don't know what I'm doing wrong

L

lisamarie1027

a little background: I'm 33, I had a child 7 1/2 years ago and placed her for adoption as I wasn't ready to be a parent. Now that I'm ready, I have been unable. 4 years unprotected sex and 3 months of insemination.
I purchased, pre-seed lubrication, oral syringes, specimen cups, ovulation kits and pregnancy tests. We have tried every position imaginable and multiple fresh semen samples each cycle and nothing. I don't stress over it, but this time, I cried... I didn't think it would be this difficult to conceive. I'm in fear that I gave up my only chance to parent and soon it will be too late. Please give me some reassurance and tips to help me succeed? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You poor thing, this ttc thing really does your head in hey :)
I don't quite have your situation but I have a daughter who is almost 9, and around 7 years ago I had a pregnancy terminated. Both of those times I seemed to fall pregnant without even trying, this time around its not happening straight away. I wonder whether it's because I'm older (I'm 32) is it cause I'm thinking about it too much and not just letting my body relax, have I jinxed myself by terminating all those years ago.
I think we just have to stop over thinking these things, have you spoken to a doctor and had any testing done? Perhaps your partner has fertility issues or your body has changed over the years.
Try and stay positive and good luck

I have been tested, "everything is fine" they tell me, we're using a donor now that we tried for 4 years the old fashioned way. He just had a son 8 months ago. I really haven't stressed about it but this month it hit me that I may have screwed up big-time by waiting until I was ready.

Is that a prescription? No, I haven't tried any drugs. I'm doing Vitamins at the moment, C, B6, B12, Selenium, plus a Woman's daily to balance everything out. My regular Dr. says she wont help me get pregnant so to ask my GYN if I want to try hormones.

Clomid stimulates ovulation, if you're not ovulating or not ovulating regularly that could obviously prevent you falling pregnant, I'm on a low dose, it's my first cycle on clomid, it may be of help to you, worth asking your doctor about

I'm using First Response Ovulation Tests so I know when I'm ovulating, then do 3-4 days of at least two fresh samples each day. Still nothing :(

When you say your using a donor, do you mean sperm donor or egg donor?

Ovulation test kits only tell u if ur having the LH surge which happens before ovulation, it doesn't Always mean u have ovulated. The only way to be sure u have is to temp each cycle. Hope this helps

loz10 is right — my GYN told me if I'm having AF, there's no reason to think I'm not ovulating. Got positive OPKs every month and guess what? Had testing done, and I'm NOT ovulating.

If you are worried, I would strongly suggest seeing a GYN and either putting fears to rest or getting a workup.

Lots of luck!

Ovulation test kits only tell u if ur having the LH surge which happens before ovulation, it doesn't Always mean u have ovulated. The only way to be sure u have is to temp each cycle. Hope this helps

I bought a basil thermometer, I will start using it tomorrow morning!

loz10 is right — my GYN told me if I'm having AF, there's no reason to think I'm not ovulating. Got positive OPKs every month and guess what? Had testing done, and I'm NOT ovulating.

If you are worried, I would strongly suggest seeing a GYN and either putting fears to rest or getting a workup.

Lots of luck!

They say everything is fine, working normally and I'm good to go!

Just found this thread I posted last year and wanted to update! I gave up trying in December and on February 4th realized I was late and took a test and it was positive! After all these years, we are finally pregnant! On February 19th, we found out it is twins!!

The Dr said that could be the reason I was having a hard time conceiving... that I was dropping two eggs each month but perhaps only one was getting fertilized and my body took queue from the unfertilized egg and flushed everything. And this time was luck :)

God bless you all, thank you for your kindness and good luck!!!

So nice to hear, we took a break from fertility treatment in march and 10 days ago I got my BFP, funny that happened for both of us. Good luck with the twins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->