Don't know what to do D:

jejw91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in a very long time, years!
But needed to vent and need some advice!

So i will start by telling you I have just found out I am pregnant,
I already have 2 lovely boys, both born by c section!

After my last c section, my surgeon came to see me (just as my son was taken to scbu, so I was all over the place) and said he advised I don't get pregnant again. He said he could see I was upset (about my son) so would come back later, well he didn't come back, and with all the fluster of a new baby etc I never thought to ask to see him again.

Anyway since then, I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis, which for anyone that doesn't know is like endometriosis but it affects the muscle of your womb (I think this is right, correct me if I'm wrong)
So the consultant said to me, that it was very unlikely I would become pregnant again, so since then on and off we have used any protection, and low and behold here I am PREGNANT!

Also I've recently discovered through my own research that adenomyosis can cause preterm labour and placental abruption.

I don't even know what I'm writing all this for,
I guess I just don't know what to do, when I was told I now had low fertility I was heart broken, I never felt id finished having children and always wanted 3.

Now I am pregnant, I am petrified, that in putting myself and unborn child at risk.
I haven't told anyone yet, not even my other half!!

Sorry for the rant, but please someone give their opinions please!!! :cry::shrug:

Sorry, I have no advice, as I'm not familiar with the condition, but have faith and hope. Miracles happen everyday, and just because it CAN cause preterm labor and placental abruption, doesn't mean it necessarily will. :hugs:

My doctor recommended I wait until my DS2 was 18 months before getting pregnant again, since he was preterm, but as you can see, I didn't follow doctor's orders very well either. :winkwink: I plan on taking it easy at the end and watching for preterm labor very closely.

Try to stay positive. Things have a way of working out. :hugs:

Don't freak out yet. You've done the hard part: getting pregnant when you thought you couldn't! Yes, it seems like your condition carries a certain risk of pregnancy complications and I am sure your doctor will follow your pregnancy with extra attention, but to put things in perspective, your risk of premature birth is something like twice that of a person without adenomyosis. Meanwhile there are a zillion other risk factors (like carrying twins, or having previous premature births) that seem to be a lot more prominent in the list of factors. Your outcome will probably come down to your personal health conditions and that of your baby. For now, Congratulations!!!

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/sto...0528.2006.01186.x.pdf?v=1&t=ifgisddh&a295452f

Thanks ladies for your replies! I'm still in shock! I keep thinking these 4 positives must be my imagination, but they definitely aren't, I knew before I even done the tests!
I've spoke to OH and we've decided to just wait and see what consultant says (as and when I see one) We are not going to celebrate the pregnancy or tell anyone else until we know the 'facts'
I've booked GP appointment and going to request an appointment with consultant early on so i can put my mind and rest, I've also had gestational diabetes with both my previous pregnancies, so don't know of that adds to the risks aswell!
It's all so confusing when you just want to jump for joy!
Again thanks for your replies! I really appreciate it! ����

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"