dont know what to do

xoLauraox

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just looking for abit of advice really. Last month I was a successful egg donor having donated 18 eggs. I already have two beautiful children and wanted to give someone else a beautiful child to hold. Anyway my recipient is pregnant which I am so happy about.
Heres the problem..
I had my period two weeks after the donation. Fairly heavy as expected but all went ok. Before donation I asked the nurse if i could retake the pill from my next period she said yes I would be covered. So from that period I took the pill. Two weeks later I had horrible pain in my left ovary and I just knew I was ovulating. Me and my partner had just had intercourse but I thought because I was on the pill id be protected. Turns out this wasnt the case. About a week after I ovukated i just knew I was pregnant. I didnt even need to test. I was due on my period this sunday. Nothing. Yesterday I take a test and two very dark lines show instantly. Now i dont know what to do. I dont want anymore children which is why I donated in the first place. And after a bit of research on google most clinics tell you not to have sex the cycle after donation as the hormones can "linger". I wasnt told this and I told I was safe :( I feel a massive amount of guilt like I should be happy I have a baby growing inside of me when so many women long to be pregnant. For all I know there could be 5 babies growing inside of me right now if I produced more eggs than I would of if I hadnt of donated. I need someone whos been in the same situation as me and im struggling to find anyone. I cant tell my partner or anyone because they will be so mad. I need someone to talk to :(

I have no experience of this sorry but didn't want to read and run - I think you should talk to your partner - this wasn't your fault and I think it would help to speak to someone.

I think im too scared to tell him yet because im still in disbelief. I dont feel pregnant at all I have no symptoms I just knew in my head I was. It all feels surreal. I keep looking at the test to make sure im not seeing things. Or if im going crazy. I know I need to see someone. Theres no information on google anywhere of people being caught pregnant after egg donation so I dont know how big the chances of multiples etc are or if it could even be a viable pregnancy. My head is screwed :(

Can you contact the clinic and see if they have any experience of this? (Not that you'd trust their advise now!!)

I sorry to hear about this. Have you considered maybe adoption? I hope everything works out for you.

I don't have personal experience but I really feel it for you. I would contact the ppl you dealt with for the egg donation and speak with them immediately. If it were me I would probably carry the baby and you never know he or she just might be a little sparkle of joy in your family but it's a tough decision. I wish u peace and happiness xx

This is such a shocking thing to have happened. I don't have experience in this, but I do know how confusing unplanned pregnancies can be. My heart goes out to you. I hope that you find some answers and some peace soon :flower:

I think you should tell your partner- this wasn't your fault so he shouldn't be mad and you need someone to support you. Plus, that's his baby too! Or babies...

...which brings me to my next point, I think you need to contact the clinic and also get an appt for a scan right away. You don't know what increased risks, of any, are associated with pregnancy after donating and you also don't know how many are in there. I think you need to seek care.

Agree with pps. Call the clinic and get all the info you can. Then tell your oh. This isn't your fault as they told you that you were covered. When you call the clinic demand why they gave you false information and that you're now in a situation that will change your life no matter which outcome you choose. I would call and let them know how upset you are and ask what they are going to do about this "problem". Like a pp said though, this unplanned baby(ies) may be the best thing to have happen to you. I was an "oops" and my mom and I are so close. Much closer than she is with my older two sisters. Not to brag or anything, but I'm her favorite :)

I agree with all the other ladies.

Firstly this was not your fault. You didn't know you weren't covered so your partner shouldn't be upset with you.

Secondly get in touch with the clinic, tell them your pregnant and that you were told you would be covered contraceptive wise and you obviously weren't. Tell them you want to know all the risks involved with this pregnancy and that you want an early scan to rule out multiples. They owe you that much.

I really feel for you, it must be really hard to get your head round :hugs:

I can't help you either, but I would def tell your partner- he has no right to be upset with you over something you couldn't have controlled. Also, I would make an appointment like the PP's said....Maybe this is a blessing you didn't realize you wanted and you were rewarded for donating your eggs to women in need! Hope you figure everything out!

I agree with calling the clinic asap and getting a scan...also start looking for a lawyer/attorney to get an advice on the way forward. This is not your fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->