Dont know what to do

donna061282

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am or was 7 weeks pregnant and i started to spot bleed last Tuesday night. I went to the EPAU on the Wed morning and had a scan which showed a heart beat. However, the next day when i went to the loo it was bright red after 1 wiped and then nothing. On sat pm i noticed it happended again and its turned to brown. (No clots).

So i know i am in the process of having a miscarraige very soon and dont know if i should go to work tomorrow? go to the EPAU tomorrow or wait until everything has passed? i have an appointment with my midwife on Tue and but dont see the point if i am not pregnant anymore.

I am totally gutted, i have cried and prepared myself but scared about passing it and just waiting for things to happen.

Ohh donna061282, I don't know what to say. Are you sure your miscarrying? Maybe you should take tomorrow off work and go to the EPAU.

Take care x

Clartylou :hugs:

i am so so sorry hun i would also take tomorow off :hugs: xxxxxxxx

thanks for your thoughts. I wish you all a very healthy & happy pregnancy x

Hi Donna,

It might not be a m/c at all!! Is there any pain?

I would take tomorrow off work and keep your feet up! Go to your appointment on Tuesday and get checked!

I am reading a book 'Your best friends guide to pregnancy' and the author has had 4 children and bled with all of them (bright red blood!) If there is no pain then it could be break through spotting due to hormones etc!!

My thoughts are with you. Good luck and keep your feet up!

:dust::dust::dust:

i dont have any cramping, i am just preparing myself for the worse. I think i will know by Tue if things begin to happen over the next few days.

I will keep you all updated. x

I hope it all goes well and make sure you stay at home until you get checked up! It might just be your bodies way of saying slow down!!

My thoughts are with you. I hope it all goes well for you!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Huni I have had 1 Wipe bright red blood. Went straight to a&e as I has a rough cople of weeks with pg by the time I got there nothing! and I saw my bubs and all is ok. I can understand you preparing but my best advice is take tomorrow off got to the EPAU and get another scan xx

why dont you go to a&e, hope all is ok xx

If you can, i'd rest rest rest and wait till tues... if youre really worryign hun id pop to a&e... they wont be able to do much, but they could check if your cervix is still closed etc. Might put your mind at rest for a while? :hugs:

hey hun i wouldnt start to worry jst yet! if its not continual bleeding and jst the 1 wipe im sure everything is fine! i had brown discharge for 1 week straight then half way thru that i had bright red fresh blood wich only lasted for like 30 mins then turned back brown and had tow ait a week to find out if i had miscarried and wen i went for the scan i seen two lil bubbas x

Definitely take tomorrow off work - take it easy and put your feet up. If you are in any pain and are bleeding more, go to A&E.

Thinking of you darling x

Take time off. I have had red, brown , light , spotting, heavy and watery blood since ive been pregnant and theres still a baby there :happydance:. Each time it happens i think its over but so far so good. I know u need to keeo urself ready for if something does go wring but alot of the time there is blood and they cant explain why.
Good luck

u may just have threatened miscarriage and that demands rest, u have seen babies heartbeat after the first lot of bleeding and thats positive babe. rest rest rest and ring the docs/epu tomorrow!

Hi Donna, I'm going through something similar - I had about 10ml bright red blood on Monday night and have had a couple of episodes of spotting through the week. I had a scan on Tuesday which showed a couple of collections of blood in my uterus and a very lively baby with a good HB. I have also been listening in with my doppler at home and there has been a HB every day. I have my next scan a week on Tuesday. In your current mindset you're unlikely to be able to focus much on work. I would give your local pregnancy unit a call tonight - call the local hospital and ask to be put through to the maternity unit and speak to a midwife who can give you advice and tell you what to do next. She will hopefully be able to get a scan arranged for the morning. A and E can have a look at you and see if your cervical os (the opening to your womb) is open or closed but few A and E units have doctors who can do ultrasound scans and you might have a wait. :hug:

just to repeat what others have said, I had a bleed at 9 weeks, bled for 1 afternoon then brown discharge the next day, had a scan and everything was fine, and had several episodes of spotting in the following weeks so it doesn't necessarily mean miscarriage though you should probably take some time off work and see your Dr :hugs:

I would highly suggest you see a doctor and have them tell you what the bleeding is from instead of sitting at home and expect a miscarriage. Women bleed all the time, brown or red, it makes me uncomfortable to think you saw the heartbeat the day before, but is expecting to miscarry. What makes you think that? I knew I was m/cing because I was at 6 weeks and bled and saw no fetal pole. But the m/c did not actually occur until 2 weeks later. You really should see a doctor.

Spotting most defefinitely does not mean a miscarriage. Some women continue to spot their whole pregnancy - once a month just like a period. I was just spotting over the weekend as well - it's stopped now - and I probably will again in 4 weeks as it happened like that last time...

Wishing you all the best :)

Hi,

Just thought i would update you all, after bleeding for several days i went to the EPU today to find a heart beat! i really didnt expect that and i am over the moon. They cant tell me why it happened.

Just goes to show that bleeding doesn't always means the worst.

Thanks for all your support. x

I missed your post as I was away but I am glad all is still well for you and baby!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"