Don't know why Im feeling like this

minnie

Reaction score
Your all prob think I a b***h for saying this, but I need to get it off my chest, I honestly don't know why Im feeling like this because I am always happy for people and I would do anything for my friends..but last night my friend announced she had started TTC and this was a bit of a shock as she said she was going to wait well into next year, then as soon as I start talking about it, she now announces it and totally took over last night and went on about her TTC, I felt a bit hurt as I felt oh this was my wee time to be excited as I never got to with my last pregnancy because i was younger when i had my first child..She and her husband have been quizzing me and my husband the pass while about babies..

Im feeling so emotional pass few days I just burst out crying at my dinner yesterday for no reason, I think deep down it would break me loads if she got pregnant straight away and there was me still trying,,god I feel awful for saying this you all must think im terrible, any advice please girls?

Feeling really emotional today..xxx:cry:

Hi Minnie,

I was in a similar situation, but i had anounced i was pregnant at work, then the girl i sit next to said she was pregnant the day after..which stole my thunder..then to make matters worse she kept on moving her dates on to make out she was further on all the time...it was like she was competing with my pregnancy. Mine ended in miscarriage unfortunately.

Some people are just complete attention seekers! I know exactly where you are coming from!:hissy::hissy:

God im going to start crying at my desk, thanks for understanding, im soo sorry about your MC, hope you get your dream shortly.xxx

:hugs: I completely understand, I think most women would feel exactly the same way. Fingers crossed that you get your :bfp: first!

Both my sister and I were trying. I think she was trying 1st, but never announced it, unlike us who were that excited, we told everybody who would listen. Anyway it was her 3rd and our 1st. It was quite nice being able to share our experiences of ttc. She is 13 years older than me so it was nice we were doing it together (so to speak).

Well she announced that they were pg, and I was soooo gutted. I took a test there and then, it was :bfn:, I cried so hard. I said she had done it all before, why could she not just let me have the lime light for once. She always managed to do everything first, why cant I have something for me. I never told her, and only shared my feelings with my DH. She would have been so upset.

But by the following Monday I got my :BFP:, we were a matter of weeks apart and it was so nice. Our girls are just 5 weeks apart and we still share problems/achievements.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I understand how it feels, how upsetting it is. But it can turn out okay too. Its okay for you to feel angry and disappointed, but please dont let it consume you. Enjoy every stage of making a baby, cos its a wonderfully, painfull, exhustingly fantastic experience.

We will get our :BFP: you just watch!

Sorry for the long reply.
:hug:

I hate attention seekers myself, I hope you feel better tonight after some much needed love & cuddles from oh
x

Hey hun

You aren't a b*tch at all - you are normal, trust me.

When my DH proposed our friends girlfriend got pregnant 'accidentally' saying she was following FAM method and it just happened. Having said that, she has now been great since we started TTC and has been trying to help in anyway she can. I think she got fed up of people moving on, getting married and her BF wasn't into marriage at all. After 10 years together she just got fed up and then suddenly she was pregnant.

Maybe your friend is just jealous of how happy you are and is trying to steal your thunder because she wants to be happy like you?

I think if any of my close friends fell PG now i would be really upset - i have 1 friend who is only sort of TTC and keeps going on about how she has 'probably got problems' and ringing me up in tears about it... i had to be quite firm (and vocal :rofl:) with her and point out that we actually do have problems so she should hush her mouth! Quietened her down for a bit :rofl:

Big :hug: and hoping your :bfp: is just around the corner!

Oh thanks girls, its great to have someone to chat to to let all your :hissy: out.

your all stars:hugs:

Hi hun

I think we all know people who try to steal out thunder. When I had my first mc, my best friend was really supportive. Then a few days later, she dropped the bombshell that her and her boyfriend had decided to try for another one! I thought that was so insensitive, especially as up until I told them I was pregnant, she'd shown no interest in trying for another.

So no you are not being a b***h at all. Rant away!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"