Don't let the NHS walk all over you - Place a complaint!!!

Crazy! My midwife is actually in Burnaby but my GP is in Coquitlam. Have you thought about a midwife? They are also covered by MSP.

I just looked at your dates and you are close to 18 weeks :) Bet you are so excited for your first appt!!!

Well thankyou SK100, you are right, maybe the title is confusing, but I wrote that as there are many more ladies from Uk than Spain.

Anyhow, yesterday I was so annoyed I couldn't get over it all day, which is when I posted. I still think if you feel bad you must complain, but I also think you have to do what you feel is right, and if complaining isn't what you want then don't. It was a general sugestion, maybe too emphasized, and I'm very sorry if I hurt someones feelings but I did feel bad and still think they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

I didn't go to emergencies because I thought the bleeding might be a kind of period as lots of ladies have had, and as I had my appt I decided to wait instead of sitting in emergencies for a few hours. Maybe it was the wrong decision as they still haven't called me to give me a new appt.

As I say, I pay for my doc monthly and I still will expect to be informed on time and treated right. That's all.

Crazy! My midwife is actually in Burnaby but my GP is in Coquitlam. Have you thought about a midwife? They are also covered by MSP.

I just looked at your dates and you are close to 18 weeks :) Bet you are so excited for your first appt!!!

Thanks :) My girlfriend out in Agassiz is a maternity nurse so she's being one of my supports (OH can't leave my side either, LOL!). I'm really excited for the appt next week (21st in Langley), hopefully it is a better experience!

Although I can see what the other ladies are saying, I do think it's appalling behaviour to not at least let you know the appointment has been cancelled. That's only fair. I do believe that people are overstretched and stuff, but at the same time, I also expect a service - which includes courtesy xx

Thanks :) My girlfriend out in Agassiz is a maternity nurse so she's being one of my supports (OH can't leave my side either, LOL!). I'm really excited for the appt next week (21st in Langley), hopefully it is a better experience!

Exciting!!! Best of luck at your appointment next week! :)

Although I can see what the other ladies are saying, I do think it's appalling behaviour to not at least let you know the appointment has been cancelled. That's only fair. I do believe that people are overstretched and stuff, but at the same time, I also expect a service - which includes courtesy xx

I agree... I would be extremely pissed if I showed up for my appointment, waited and then was told that the dr phoned in sick that morning. They should have informed all patients with appointments that day of the situation so that they didn't come in and wait for nothing. Over worked or not this is common courtesy. I don't think that the way they dealt with the situation was reasonable.

I saw my Gp 3 1/2 weeks ago, who said he'd send referral to midwives and to call them in 2 weeks if I'd not heard from them.

2 weeks later I called and they said they'd never received a referral from my GP. (how come bills never get lost in the post only important stuff!) So I 'registered' over the phone directtly with miidwives and was told I'd hear shortly. I explained that at 42 with 10+ years TTC I was very worried, just told to wait for appt.

Called a week later, still not heard a thing - was told they'd be in touch but they couldn't say when and to call if not heard in another week. I said what with Christmas at this rate I'm not likely to be seen til January which is 12 weeks, and they just said they like to see you at 12 weeks.

But with no dating scan, what if my dates are wrong -my risk of downs is much higher so I need to know.

I understand the NHS is busy and underfunded but a letter with an appt date can't be that hard! NHS web site says scans 8-12 weeks; so I thought it was reasonable to have heard by now.

In the end I've decided to get a private dating scan, which is this Friday at 9 weeks. I'll be seeing all the family over Christmas and can't explain not drinking, so at least if I know everything is OK I'll feel better telling them.

Will let you know how I go.

Jx

I didn't go to emergencies because I thought the bleeding might be a kind of period as lots of ladies have had, and as I had my appt I decided to wait instead of sitting in emergencies for a few hours. Maybe it was the wrong decision as they still haven't called me to give me a new appt.

It's up to you hun, sitting in emerg was difficult but I also experienced a severe abdominal cramping so I was pretty frightened. Have you heard from them yet??? Did you have sex just before you started bleeding? Some girls have sensitive cervixes and that can cause it.

~Thanks Gina :)

Still bled a little today, that's been going on since wed last week so I finally went private today... Doc said everything is OK, few!! And we saw baby dancing around (wiggling), so cute. It mesures 2cm and is still with a normal growth. She said the bleeding could be due to the placenta moving a bit, but not to worry and she gave me some pills used in IVF to keep the pregnancy safe. She said they're not proven to work, but they use them. If it doesn't hurt LO I'm willing to take them. The 50€ the doc cost were well worth it!!

About the social security: no phone calls yet, so I could sit and rot with my worries and they don't care.

I for one believe that the NHS is pushed to it's limits and the vast majority of it's workers are very competant and caring individuals. They are understaffed yes and of course they are also human so mistakes happen. I feel like this thread could be seen as a tad unfair on those staff who always go the extra mile. Many of my friends have had babies under the NHS and cannot praise them enough especially when something goes wrong god forbid! And this is my first baby and so far I'm am extremely happy with the service I have received from the NHS. Only my opinion though so don't shoot me!!!!! Xxx

Well said! I have always been very pleased with the NHS and i had my daughter under the care of the NHS and i was very well looked after. xx

Still bled a little today, that's been going on since wed last week so I finally went private today... Doc said everything is OK, few!! And we saw baby dancing around (wiggling), so cute. It mesures 2cm and is still with a normal growth. She said the bleeding could be due to the placenta moving a bit, but not to worry and she gave me some pills used in IVF to keep the pregnancy safe. She said they're not proven to work, but they use them. If it doesn't hurt LO I'm willing to take them. The 50€ the doc cost were well worth it!!

About the social security: no phone calls yet, so I could sit and rot with my worries and they don't care.

Congrats! I am so glad to hear that all is well with baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->