Dont think this is going well. What was your betas at 5w6d or 6 weeks?

corrie anne

Mom of 7 girls and 4 boys
Reaction score
My tests this pregnancy has always been slow going, progressing slowly.
I finally got in to get a beta at either 5 weeks 6 days or 6 weeks exactly. It was 4500. Thats pretty low. Has a scan. There's a gest sac in the uterus. No yolk or baby. Beta puts me about 5 weeks my dates are spot on. Got a positive at 9dpo so its impossible for it to be wrong.

Can some of you share your betas for around these times pretty please.
Im expecting this to turn into a blighted ovum.

Also pay no mind to my siggy I haven't updated in quite a while. Still need to add 2 children to it.

I don't know much about hcg blood results as with my first I didn't get any blood tests. But at 5w6d I went to the doctors because I was bleeding the night before. I went in and got a scan the same day and there was just a sac. At 7 weeks I went for another scan there was a yolk and I think a fetal pole but no heartbeat. At 7w6d I went for another scan and there was a heartbeat at 155. My son is now 4 :).
Hopefully your next test the hcg levels go up.

I hope everything is OK. How many kids do you have?

My beta at 5w5d was somewhere around there. I can't remember the exact number but my 5w2d beta was 2836 so I think 5w5d was in the 5000 range. In any event, they brought me in for an u/s and there was a gestational sac (no fetal pole or yolk sac). They brought me back a week later (6w5d) and I saw a heartbeat. :)

You said your dates are spot on, were you temping? A few days makes a huge difference developmentally in the early days. At 6w3d I was 15901 with a 41 hour doubling speed, so at 5w6 I would have been around 4K. So your numbers sound great to me but it boils down to that doubling speed. Hope you get some reassurance soon

Just had a scare this pregnancy. I was 5w3d, hcg was in the 6,000's, but an ultrasound measured me at less than 5 weeks. 48 hours later it was 10,000. I think those numbers are on the higher side too but I'm not sure. Scan at exactly 7 weeks showed a beating heart so all is well for me at the moment. I hope you get to say the same too!!

My HCG at exactly 5 weeks was 2570 and at 6 weeks, 1 day, it was 12,019. Are they redrawing your blood? The first number isn't as important as the doubling rate.

I have 10 children.

I was suppose to go back on wed to redo them but my 1 or old was admitted into the hospital. So I had to miss it. Im 6 weeks 4 or 5 days today.

I had a positive opk the day I ovulated. Which was Feb 26th. Letting myself have that extra day so I say the 27th. I left ovulation the 26th but had slight cramping the 27th. Didn't dtd until 26th at night. Felt o that morning. So timing should have been super close. Also had my first positive hpt at 9dpo(if I used the 27th as o)

Sorry about your LO :(. Hope everything is better now. It made sense. I still think your initial numbers were right on target. So keeping my fxed still

I went in at 5+5 for a beta and it came back just shy of 1900. A few days later, I went in for a viability scan at 6+1 and there was baby with a flickering hb. That was after my former dr said my beta was too low for my gestation and my spotting was due to an impending miscarriage. She was wrong. That little bean is now my spunky, happy 2.5 year old LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->